Cambridge University is inviting students with exceptional intellectual abilities, and who aspire to make a positive impact on the world, to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25. If you possess the above qualities and seek to make an impact on your immediate community, this scholarship is for you.
The Gate Cambridge Scholarship is basically designed to bring together future world leaders like you at the prestigious Cambridge University, with the aim of fostering innovation, tackling challenges, and providing solutions that contribute to society’s welfare.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship Details
Established in 2000, the Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was Initiated by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and has since nurtured influential individuals across various fields globally. Scholars of this program have excelled in science, technology, arts, music, human rights, and more, thanks to the exceptional academic resources and opportunities provided by this scholarship at Cambridge University.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25 academic calendar, presents a unique opportunity for you to also excel in your chosen field.
Meanwhile, the Gates Scholarship is considered the largest single donation to any UK university, this reflects the Gates Foundation’s commitment to combating poverty, disease, and inequality worldwide. The scholarship has a substantial contribution of US $120 million for the full cost of the program.
What Does the Scholarship Cover?
If your application for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25 is successful, you can look forward to comprehensive support such as:
- Full coverage for the entire cost of your studies.
- You will receive an annual maintenance allowance of £20,000.
- The scholarship covers your visa expenses.
- A one-time economy class airfare is provided.
- The cost of immigration Health Surcharge is included for all recipients
- Additional funds of £500-£2000 are available for you to attend conferences and courses (the amount depends on course length).
- For scholars with children, a family allowance of up to £11,604 for one child and up to £16,548 for two or more children is provided.
- The scholarship also covers unexpected financial difficulties.
- Provision of Field Allowance
Eligibility Criteria – Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To be eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship UK 2024-25, all interested applicants must:
Be international graduates (UK nationals are not eligible).
- Having a strong academic background is a must.
- Contact and acceptance by a supervisor for research are required.
- Be able to defend their choice of course.
Application Process for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25
To apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2024-25, please follow the guide below:
- Begin visiting the University’s Graduate official Application Portal at https://www.gatescambridge.org/apply/eligibility/ to apply online
- When you access the page, select a specific course and college.
- You will need to provide the required personal data, academic background, and course plans.
- Apply for funding, including the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
- You can apply for as many courses as you like, but each course requires a separate application.
- More details about this program can be found via the official link at https://www.gatescambridge.org/programme/the-scholarship/
Note: The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is highly competitive hence, it’s important that you apply as early as possible to secure your spot.
Prepare the following documents, as they will be required for application:
- Personal statement (up to 3000 characters)
- Research proposal (mandatory for PhD candidates)
- Three reference letters (one can be from a current employer if necessary)
- Deadline for International students: 5th December 2023 or 4 January 2024 (depending on the course)
- For US citizens: October 11 2023