The Malta ClimAccelerator Program 2023, has emerged as a source of hope for startups dedicated to combating the global crisis of climate change.
Are you a passionate startup looking to make a difference in the fight against climate change? Do you have innovative solutions to reduce our carbon footprint? If so, the Malta ClimAccelerator Program 2023 could be your gateway to success. Malta ClimAccelerator is collaborating with ET Climate-KIC, to search for startups like yours.
This article contains the details of this ClimAccelerator Program, its thematic areas, benefits, and application requirements. Explore!
Thematic Areas for Malta ClimAccelerator Program
The Malta ClimAccelerator Program 2023 focuses on supporting startups in the following thematic areas:
- Clean Energy
- Clean Industry
- Circular Economy
- Mobility & Transport
- Air and the Environment
- Energy Efficiency & Storage
Maltaccelerate has been championing startups and guiding entrepreneurs to success for over two decades. Its roots trace back to the launch of the Sheffield Cultural Industry Quarter, a leading creative and digital incubator in the UK. Since then, Maltaccelerate has extended its support to startups across various industry sectors in the UK, Europe, and accession countries.
The team comprises international experts from academia and the private sector, providing startups with scientific and technical guidance.
Benefits of Malta ClimAccelerator Program
As a participating Startups for the Malta ClimAccelerator program, you will have the opportunity to access a number of support and resources. These include:
- You will have the opportunity to showcase your startup to the ClimAccelerator Global Investor Network and seize one-to-one pitching opportunities, paving the way for crucial access to strategic equity investors.
- Your startup will receive help for expansion into the international markets. With this support, you can develop sales channels, reach a broader target market, and boost business growth.
- You get to unlock the potential to apply for growth funding, to further develop your innovative solutions.
- Explore the opportunity to pilot your Minimum Viable Product also known as MVP, in Malta and Europe, gaining real-world validation for your solution.
- You will Increase your startup’s visibility on a global scale
- Access Climate Tech Expertise and Tailored Coaching
- Engage in Exclusive Workshops on topics such as business development, climate impact communication, fundraising strategies, and more.
- Earn the possibility to participate in the EU Startup Summit 2024, taking place in Malta on May 9-10.
Conditions to participate in the Malta ClimAccelerator Program
To qualify for the Malta ClimAccelerator program, your startup must meet the following criteria:
- Your solution must have the potential for significant climate impact or adaptation within the thematic areas.
- There should be market potential, indicating income generation from various geographical markets.
- Your startup must be a legally incorporated entity.
- Location is not a barrier; startups from any location worldwide are welcome.
- Founders should possess competencies, whether academic or scientific, to deliver the proposed solution.
- Your startup’s technology readiness level should be at least 6 (TRL 6).
- Your Minimum Viable Product (MVP) should be pilot-ready.
How to Apply for Malta ClimAccelerator Program 2023?
Do you meet the above-mentioned qualifications and are ready to take your startup to the next level? Kindly visit Maltaccelerate at https://www.f6s.com/malta-climaccelerator-2023/apply to submit your application.
You can find more details at the Maltaccelerate official website at https://www.maltaccelerate.com/malta-climaccelerator/
The application deadline for the Malta ClimAccelerator program is September 15, 2023.
FAQs for Malta ClimAccelerator Program
Is the Malta ClimAccelerator Program open to startups worldwide?
Yes, the program welcomes startups from any location worldwide.
What is the Climate-SAFE / Climate Validation investment agreement?
It offers a €50,000 equity as a service package provided by EIT Climate KIC to graduates of the ClimAccelerator program.
Can I apply if my startup’s technology readiness level is below 6 (TRL 6)?
Unfortunately, your startup must have a minimum technology readiness level of 6 to qualify.