Are you an inspiring writer? Submit your entries for the Foyle Young Poets Competition 2023. The Poetry Society is inviting applications for its Foyle Young Poets Competition 2023.
Foyle Young Poets Competition 2023
The competition is open for 11-17-year-olds until 31 July 2023. The Foyle Young Poets competition is a top award for young persons around the world within the above-mentioned age range.
The 2023 edition of the Foyle Young Poets Award will be judged by award-winning poets Jonathan Edwards and Jane Yeh.
About Foyle Young Poets Competition
The Foyle Young Poets Awards was founded in 1998, since inception, the award has helped to uplift the careers of many of today’s renowned voices including Sarah Howe, Jay Bernard, Helen Mort, Richard Osmond, Caroline Bird, Phoebe Stuckes among many other poets globally.
The previous editions of the award (2022), had over 6,000 young Participants from the UK and the across the globe. The Foyle Young Poets Awards is considered the largest competition of its nature. The importance of the award cannot be over-emphasized.
Summary of the Poetry Society Foyle Young Poets Competition
- Category: Poet Competition
- Host Organization: Poetry Society
- Country: London
- Number of Awards: 100
- Gender: Men and Women
- Entries status: Open
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
About Poetry Society
Founded in the year 1909, the Poetry Society is a membership organization based in London, the Organization seeks to promote the study, use, and enjoyment of poetry.
The Poetry Society was first called “Poetry Recital Society” after it was established in 1909 and then got its present name in 1912. The first president of the organization was Lady Margaret Sackville.
Benefits of Poetry Society Foyle Young Poets Competition 2023
- Every year, up to 100 winners are given the award, this combines the top 15 winners and 85 commended poets.
- Winners will have the opportunity to attend the prestigious awards ceremony in London.
- The 15 winner’s poems will be printed in the winners’ print anthology. The copies will also be sent to schools, libraries, and poetry enthusiasts as well as online.
- Additionally, the 15 winners will be allowed to join a residential writing course or have a Mentorship opportunity from a professional poet.
- A one-year membership of the Poetry Society will be granted to the 100 winners, in addition to books and other treats donated by our generous supporters.
How to Apply for Foyle Young Poets Competition 2023?
All qualified candidates should submit an entry via the Poetry Society page at: foyleyoungpoets.org to apply
Eligibility Criteria for the Foyle Young Poets Competition 2023
Applicants must meet the criteria below to be eligible for the Poet Awards:
- Be within the range of 11-17 years old by July 31, 2023.
- Candidates from any Location of the world can apply.
- Prospective Candidates (Young poets) can submit poems on any theme, of any length, and of any style.
- Poems must be written in English and not any other language
- Submitted Poems must be the original work of the author and cannot have been published anywhere.
July 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- Best MFA Creative Writing Programs – Is Hollins MFA Creative Writing Fully Funded?
- To The Grandpas Spending Christmas In Heaven
- African Real Estate Society (AfRES) Scholarships 2022/2023 At University of Reading – How to Apply Now
- Africa Digital Innovation Competition 2022 – How to Apply Now
- What Is the Best Short Story You Can Write about Mother’s Day, Or Just Mothers In General
- Royal Society Africa Prize 2023 for African Research Scientists – Apply Now!