French Institutes for Advanced Study (FIAS) is a network of ten Institutes of Advanced Study in France. The FIAS fellowship program provides scholars with the opportunity to work in a multidisciplinary and international research environment. The 2023/2024 fellowship program is now open for applications.
The programme was initiated in 2020 and is expected to run for the 2024-2025 academic year. About forty fellowships will be held across Ten months for experienced researchers from all fields of social sciences and the humanities.
Benefits of the FIAS Fellowship Programme
Selected fellows will receive the following benefits:
- A monthly allowance of €2,700
- Accommodation in the FIAS institute or a housing allowance
- A travel allowance
- Access to the FIAS network and events
- Office space and library access
Application Process for the FIAS Fellowship Programme 2024
- The application process for the FIAS Fellowship Programme is entirely online.
- Qualified Candidates should visit the FIAS webpage on: https://www.fias-fp.eu/fellowships/how-apply to apply
- The following documents are required for the application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Research proposal (maximum 3,000 words)
- Two reference letters
- Ph.D. certificate or equivalent degree
- The deadline for the submission of applications is 6 June 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for the FIAS Fellowship Programme
To be eligible for the FIAS Fellowship Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
- Applicants must have at least three years of research experience after completing their PhD.
- Applicants must not have lived in France for more than 12 months in the past three years.
- Applicants must have excellent proficiency in English and/or French.
Documents Required for Application
The following documents are required to complete the FIAS application:
- Well-completed online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a detailed list of publications
- A copy of the diploma
- Research proposal of Five-page maximum.
- Three to five selected publications
- A letter of support/interest
The French Institutes for Advanced Study 2024 Fellowship Programme is an excellent opportunity for researchers and scholars from all over the world to conduct their research in France.