the EEP Africa Early Stage Clean Energy Project 2023 is now available to interested candidates. In 2023, EEP Africa is calling for proposals for early-stage clean energy projects in Southern and East Africa. The call is aimed at entrepreneurs, companies, and organizations with innovative projects in renewable energy, energy efficiency, and energy access.
We have provided an overview of the EEP Africa program in this article, including the purpose of the call for proposals, the application process, eligibility criteria, evaluation criteria, and benefits of participating in the program.
Purpose of the EEP Africa Early Stage Clean Energy Project 2023
The purpose of the 2023 call for proposals is to identify and support innovative early-stage clean energy projects in Southern and East Africa that have the potential to create impact at scale.
The program is looking for projects that address the challenges of energy access, energy efficiency, and renewable energy, and have the potential to contribute to the development of the region.
Background of EEP Africa
EEP Africa is a multi-donor trust fund that provides early-stage funding for innovative clean energy projects in Southern and East Africa.
The program is funded by the governments of Finland, Austria, and the UK, and is managed by the Nordic Development Fund (NDF). Since its inception in 2010, EEP Africa has supported over 250 projects, providing more than 45 million euros in funding.
Benefits of Participating in Early Stage Clean Energy Project 2023
Participating in EEP Africa provides several benefits for project teams, including:
- Access to early-stage funding to support project development, piloting, and scaling up.
- Technical assistance and capacity-building support to help project teams overcome challenges and achieve their objectives.
- Networking and partnership opportunities with other project teams, donors, investors, and experts in the clean energy sector.
- Visibility and recognition through media coverage, events, and publications.
How to Apply for the EEP Africa Early Stage Clean Energy Project 2023?
The application process for the EEP Africa Early Stage Clean Energy Project is in two phases:
- Applicant’s Expression of Interest and A Full proposal Phase
- After a successful interview session, applicants are then shortlisted for the next phase which is the full proposal phase
- Click the application link below to apply: smartme.adalia.fi
- Application Deadline: May 12, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria for the EEP Africa Early Stage Clean Energy Project 2023
To be eligible for the EEP Africa program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a legally registered entity in Southern or East Africa
- Have a project that is innovative and has the potential for impact at scale
- Have a project that falls under one of the following categories: renewable energy, energy efficiency, or energy access
- Have a project that is in the early stages of development, with a proof of concept or pilot phase completed
- Have a project that has the potential for replication or scaling up
Proposals that pass the first stage will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Innovation: The proposal should be innovative and demonstrate a new or improved approach to addressing energy access, energy efficiency, or renewable energy challenges.
- Impact: The proposal should have a clear and measurable impact on the target population or environment.
- Financial and economic sustainability: The proposal should demonstrate a realistic and sustainable financial and economic model.
- Technical and operational feasibility: The proposal should demonstrate technical and operational feasibility, with a clear plan for project implementation, management, and monitoring.
- Gender and social inclusion: The proposal should address gender and social inclusion issues and ensure the participation and benefit of women and marginalized groups.
The 2023 call for proposals for EEP Africa provides a unique opportunity for entrepreneurs, companies, and organizations with innovative early-stage clean energy projects to access funding, technical assistance, and capacity-building support.
The program aims to support projects that have the potential to create an impact at scale and contribute to the development of Southern and East Africa.
By participating in the program, project teams can benefit from networking and partnership opportunities, visibility and recognition, and the potential to address energy access, energy efficiency, and renewable energy challenges in the region.
More Related Content
- Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2022 For Early-Stage Entrepreneurs Around the World
- How to Get a Business Grant for Your Startup
- What is the Easiest Grant to Get – How to Get Personal Grants
- How to Apply For Black Founders Fund For Africa 2022 ($4Million) – Google for Startups
- How to Find Angel Investors
- Student Energy Fellowship Program 2023 – Apply Now!