The Black Founders Fund for Africa 2022 is open for application. Black Founders Fund via Google for startups supports early-stage startups on the African continent. The aim of this support is to bridge the existing fundraising gap for Black startup founders in Africa’s fast-growing technology landscape
About Black Founders Fund for Africa
Google has announced the call for applications for the second cohort of the Google for Startup Black Founders Fund for Africa.
The program witnessed great success in its 2021 cohort which is actually its first.
The Black founder’s fund for Africa is offered by Google, meanwhile, Google will increase its commitment with an additional $1 million in funding, and support for about ten more founders this year.
Hence, the commitment of $4 million Black funders funds to around 60 eligible black-founded startups across Africa.
Details of Black Founders Fund for Africa
- Application Deadline: 31st May 2022
- The announcement of the winners will be on 29 July 2022.
- Type of Scholarship: Entrepreneurship
- Eligible Countries: Black Founders Fund for Africa is open to startups that meet the criteria in the following countries: Botswana, Cameron, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe
- Number of Awards Given: 60
Value and Benefit of Black Founders Fund for Africa
- Successful selected startups will receive around $50,000 and $100,000 cash awards
- Successfully selected startups will also benefit from the $200,000 per startup in Google Cloud credits,
- Also, there is support in the form of training, and access to a network of mentors to assist in tackling the challenges unique to each startup.
The Application Process for Black Founders Fund for Africa?
Applying for these awards takes only a few minutes, follow the step guide below to apply
- Interested and eligible applicants for the Black Founders Fund Africa awards can apply for these funds by visiting the webpage below: https://gfepublic.secure.force.com/events/EventTrackRegistrationForm?id=a2h3a000000wMLuAAM&lang=en
- Enter your email address in the field provided and click the green “Continue” button to proceed
Eligible Start-ups for Black Founders Fund for Africa
- Startups that are in their early- stage have Black founders founding teams
- All startups that benefit from the black community,
- Operating and headquartered in Africa,
- All startups with a diverse founding team with at least one black founding member;
- Startups having a legal presence on the continent and building technology solutions for Africa and the global market;
- Startups with growth potential to raise more funding and create jobs.
FAQ For Black Founders Fund for Africa
Below are some frequently asked questions
What is the funding offered for selected startups?
The funding offered to each startup is either $50,000 or $100,000. Although, funding varies according to each startup’s product development stage, current needs, and how much they’ve already raised
Can I still apply when my product is yet to be launched
You cannot. Startups with released products are preferred so if your company hasn’t launched a product quite yet, it’s advisable to wait to apply until you’ve reached this milestone.
Can I still apply when My startup has already been funded?
Yes, you can, funding will be awarded based on each startup’s needs and situation regardless of the funding cycle.
Can I reapply after seeing my startups evolved
Yes, you can, you will need to resubmit your application with updated metrics and information that best show your company’s growth. Upon the closure of the application on May 31st, you will not be able to apply or make any changes to your application.
Is there feedback on my business if it’s not selected?
Feedback can not be provided to startups that are not selected. Only selected companies will be contacted.
YOU MAY LIKE: