Speaking of The EDD Debit Card, in order to help people get faster and more secure unemployment, disability and family leave program benefits. The EDD (Employment Development Department) has introduced the debit card together with the bank of America.
EDD Debit Card
EDD debit card is like any other debit card that has access to funds 24 hours every day, 7 days a week, and can be used anywhere the Visa card can be used. The card is valid for only three years and will be used for all EDD benefit programs. The debit card is a fast and secure way to receive your EDD benefit payments, and it is not even subject to credit check monitoring by the EDD.
Benefits of using the EDD Debit Card
With the Debit card, you can;
- Get your money as fast as possible
- Use it everywhere VISA can be used (in stores, online, and by phone).
- Withdraw cash at ATMs, banks, and even stores with cashback options.
- Transfer funds to the financial institution of your choice without any additional costs.
- Be notified whenever a deposit is made to your card or whenever you have a low balance.
- You will receive fraud protection from a Zero Liability Policy.
What can you use the EDD debit card for?
You can use your debit card for the following;
- Do transactions that you can do with your visa card
- Withdraw cash at your ATMs, banks, and stores
- Transfer funds to other financial institutions at no additional cost.
- Get cashback offers
- Pay bills online
- View your bank statements
- Check your account balance.
- Receive mobile email alerts of payments
How long does it take for my new EDD debit card to arrive?
Your new debit card will take between 7 to 10 days to arrive, whether you are getting a new one or you want to get another one.
Can I Track my EDD debit card Payments?
To track your debit card payments, you can download the bank of America prepaid card app from any app store, and get the information from there or you can do that online by calling any of the toll-free contacts provided by the EDD
Can do direct deposit with my EDD debit card?
You can set up a one-time or recurring direct deposit to any financial institution of your choice at no cost whatsoever.
Once you have received your debit card, you can set up a direct deposit from your card by contacting the bank of America online or calling one of the toll numbers to request them to set us the direct deposit.
EDD Debit Card Login
To login to your online bank account, follow the steps below;
- Go to your browser and type the address https://prepaid.bankofamerica.com/EddCard/ (or click this link).
- Go to the sign in area at the top of the page and enter your user name or card number and click sign in.
- To access your online banking account and verify your identity, enter the required information.
- If you have supplied the correct information, you will be directed to your dashboard.
Forgotten username? what you should do
If you have forgotten your username, follow the steps below
- Click the ‘forgotten username‘ link close to the sign up button
- Call the number at the back of your card top to retrieve your forgotten username.
How to Activate your EDD Debit Card
If you have never gotten a debit card before, the EDD will mail your new debit card to you immediately after your first benefit payments have been issued. This process can take between 7 to 10 business days.
To activate your new debit card, visit the bank of America debit card website and select ‘activate my card‘ or visit this link.