Applications are open for the 15th edition of the ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship 2023 for African students! The West African Internet Governance Forum (WAIGF) and its team, is partnering with the ECOWAS Commission in organizing the WAIGF, scheduled to commence from 25 to 26 May 2023.
ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship Curriculum
The African School on Internet Governance Scholarship combines rigorous learning activities for a period of three (3) days, this is aimed at introducing participants to Internet governance (IG) from the global and West African perspectives.
During the program, Participants will be engaged in discussions with experts in the field and also have the opportunity to participate in the policy and regulation initiative for Digital Africa’s Virtual training platform.
Upon completing the scholarship training program, certificates will be given to participants. The school will focus on the following key areas:
- The Evolution of the Internet and the history of Internet Governance
- Internet Governance processes and actors
- The classification of Internet Governance issues such as: infrastructure, legal, economic, and development, from African contexts
- Internet Governance issue affecting West Africa
Summary of the ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship
- Title: ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship
- Sponsored By: ECOWAS
- Country: Cote d’Ivoire
- Duration: 25 to 26 May 2023.
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
Benefits and Rewards of the ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship
Participants who complete the training will be issued a certificate
Application Process for ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship 2023?
- Interested Women and youth are highly particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should note that Spaces are limited.
- To apply, fill out the online form on: https://waigf.org/waigf/application.php, to be submitted by 1st April 2023.
- For further information on WAIGF and WASIG, please visit the official website on: waigf.org
Eligibility Criteria for ECOWAS WASIG Scholarship 2023
- Open to prospective Candidates from West Africa.
- Ideal Candidates must be persons who are involved as key stakeholders or decision-makers in Internet governance or ICT policy processes in their communities.
- Applicants are expected to contribute to Internet Governance activities or processes within their institutions, countries, continent,s and the world at large.
- Candidates are expected to be from all stakeholder groups such as:
- Youth and Women groups
- Civil society
- Private Sector
- Government offices and Regulatory agencies
- Security and Defence forces
- Academia and technical community
- Archives, Libraries, and Documentation centers
- West African regional institutions
Brief History Of ECOWAS
Commonly referred to as ECOWAS, the Economic Community of West African States, is one of the pillar regional blocs of the continent-wide African Economic Community (AEC). It’s also referred to as CEDEAO in French.
In 2015, the Organization had an estimated population of over 349 million. It has a stated goal of achieving collective self-sufficiency for its members.
March 31, 2023.
More Related Content
- ECOWAS Internship Immersion Program 2022 – Apply Now!
- University Canada West Scholarships 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- University Of Canada West Scholarships 2022 for International Students
- Beauty West Africa Show 2022 – Is Here!
- University of Canada West Scholarship 2023 Program for International Students – APPLY NOW!