The USAID “Democracy, Human Rights and Governance” Photo Contest 2023 is currently accepting applications from eligible photographers. This contest, organized by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), aims to advance democracy, human rights, and good governance worldwide by showcasing compelling photographs.
The contest invites photographers from around the world to submit their best photographs that capture the essence of these themes. It provides a platform for photographers to express their creativity and engage with issues related to democracy, human rights, and governance in a visually compelling way.
Photos taken in connection with DRG include, but are not limited to:
- Images of anti-corruption activities, accountability initiatives, civil society engagement, climate change’s impact on democratic reforms, community mobilization for democratic causes, advocates for democratic reforms, technology’s role in digital democracy, efforts to combat human trafficking and protect human rights, election campaigns, gender equality in governance, global labor rights, human rights advocacy, information integrity, integration and inclusion initiatives, media’s role in transparency and governance, people-centred justice, rule of law, democracy-related events, transparency measures, and youth participation.
Please note that we request you not to submit photos of meetings or presentations
Some of the benefits attached to this contest include:
- The 2023 DRG Global Gathering in November will showcase and provide the opportunity for voting on the winners and finalists of the competition.
- USAID will feature the achievements of the winners in a Medium blog, reaching a wide audience both within and outside of the agency. Additionally, USAID will highlight their work on various websites, publications, and products.
In order to be eligible for participation in this photo contest, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements
They will accept:
- Digital photos of high resolution and quality, preferably at least 1024 pixels (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. It is recommended to send the highest resolution photo possible, at least 1MB in JPG or JPEG format. If using Photoshop, please compress the photos only to level 7 or higher. Scanned photos will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Ensure that each photo caption includes the following details:
- The photographer’s name and organizational affiliation, if applicable.
- A detailed caption describing who is in the photo, what they are doing, and how it relates to USAID’s work. This can include ongoing projects that have extended beyond USAID’s initial support.
- mention the state and country of the picture.
- Provide an approximate capture date with the month, day, and year.
Each individual can submit up to five entries.
- Send only the photo file(s), and you may include a separate document with the corresponding captions.
How To Apply For The Contest
To participate in the USAID “Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance” Photo Contest, please visit the official website. Locate the provided email address and send your submission requirements and attached photo(s) to that email address.
October 20, 2023
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Mozilla Foundation Responsible Computer Science Challenge – Apply Now!
- World Forum For Democracy in Germany Fully Funded – Apply Now!
- What Is a Corporate Lawyer
- USAID Youth Well-Being Prize Competition 2023 ($50,000 Prize) – APPLY NOW
- USAID Internship Program – Fully Paid Internship Opportunity – Apply Now