Applications for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme 2024 is open to graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa (West and Central Africa or Southern African region), with a first academic degree for those applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree for doctoral programme applicants.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), offers support annually to students from developing countries. This award is intended to help them study and conduct research in their region while partnering with selected German institutions. Therefore, Students from this region are invited to apply for the 2024 edition of the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship programme.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme
The DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme seeks to establish in Sub-Saharan Africa, a strong, globally focused higher education system that can support sustainable development.
Students who want to work in teaching and/or research in a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa can apply for scholarships provided for Master’s or PhD studies in development.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship – Value and Benefits
Scholarship recipients/beneficiaries can look forward to receiving;
- A Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Benefits for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
Duration of funding
- Two years for the Master’s degree programme
- Three years for the PhD degree programmes
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2024
The In-Country/In-Region Scholarship programme is designed for graduate and postgraduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The criteria Include:
- Applicants should have a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme
- Should have a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme
- Applicants must be looking at pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. courses in their home country or in another Sub-Saharan African country
- Special consideration will be given to female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups.
How to Apply for DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship 2024?
- In applying for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship Programme 2024, kindly note that the application procedure may differ between the regions and host institutions.
- Go to the official scholarship application page via this link to commence your application https://www2.daad.de/deutschland/stipendium/datenbank/en/21148-scholarship-database/?status=&origin=&subjectGrps=&daad=&intention=&q=in-country&page=1&detail=10000486
- From the homepage, find the list of degree programmes funded within this scholarship programme in the regions of West and Central Africa, Eastern Africa and Southern Africa
- Application instructions for each host institution are listed in the respective calls for applications
The various degree programs have different selection procedures.
The application process typically involves two steps.
- First, candidates send the host university their scholarship application.
- Shortlisted candidates will be asked to resubmit their applications via the DAAD portal after a pre-selection process has been completed for the final selection.
Deadline: There is no specified date yet.
More Related Content
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany
- DAAD Scholarships 2022 in Germany Fully Funded – How to Apply
- DAAD Scholarship Program for Africa 2023 – Study In Germany
- DAAD Study Scholarships 2024 – DAAD Scholarship in Music Fields | APPLY NOW
- DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany