The Clarendon Fund Scholarship 2024/25, invites suitably qualified scholars who seek to pursue their postgraduate studies at one of the world’s most prestigious institutions – the University of Oxford.
The Clarendon Fund, named after the Earl of Clarendon, has a rich history intertwined with the University of Oxford. Let’s discuss the fund’s fascinating origins before exploring the details of this scholarship.
History of Clarendon Fund
The Clarendon Fund’s roots trace back to the 17th century when Edward Hyde, later known as the Earl of Clarendon, was not only the Chancellor of the University of Oxford but also a prolific writer. He authored “The History of the Great Rebellion and Civil Wars in England,” a work of historical significance.
In a generous act of philanthropy, the Earl bequeathed the royalties from his publication to the University of Oxford, with the specific purpose of constructing the Clarendon Building on Broad Street.
In 2014, the Clarendon Fund updated its logo, drawing inspiration from the Clarendon Building’s history and traditions. The emblem prominently displays the pediments and statues of the Muses from the rooftop. The Clarendon font used in the logo is one of the Fell typefaces acquired by Doctor John Fell in the 1670s and later bequeathed to the Oxford University Press.
Eligibility Criteria for Clarendon Fund Scholarship
To be considered for the Clarendon Fund Scholarship at the University of Oxford in 2024, the following requirements must be fulfilled by all applicants
- Applicants must be enrolled in a full-time or part-time program at the University of Oxford for the 2024/25 batch
- Applicants must possess an outstanding academic record that reflects their dedication to excellence.
- Applicants should demonstrate a high level of potential and aptitude for their proposed course of study, indicating a promising academic future.
- Applicants must showcase their motivation to excel as students and contribute to their academic community.
Application Procedures for Clarendon Fund Scholarship 2024/25
Interested applicants who meet the above-stated requirements for the Clarendon Fund Scholarship 2024/25, should apply following the steps below:
- Apply for admission to an eligible course at the University of Oxford.
- Applicants will automatically be considered for the Clarendon Scholarship if they apply by the December or January deadline, depending on their course.
- This means that there’s no need to submit a separate application.
- To get more information on the deadlines for your chosen course, kindly visit the relevant course page at https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/courses/courses-a-z-listing?wssl=1
- For more details about this scholarship, please go to the official page at https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon
Facts About Clarendon
- Automatic Consideration: If you apply by the December or January deadline relevant to your course, you’ll automatically be considered for the Clarendon Scholarship—no additional application is required.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Clarendon offers fully-funded scholarships that cover course fees and provide a grant for living expenses throughout the fee liability period.
- No Restrictions: Clarendon Scholarships are open to students of all nationalities, backgrounds, and fields of study. Students of full or part-time DPhil and Master’s courses can apply.
- Merit-Based Selection: Clarendon scholars are chosen based on their exceptional academic merit and potential.
- Highly Competitive: Keep in mind that Clarendon scholarships are highly competitive, so make sure your application shines
The application deadline for the Clarendon Fund Scholarship is not specified. However, it’s important to check the official website stated in this article for further details.