Are you passionate about photography or you’re a professional photographer? You’re cordially invited to take part in the upcoming CIFOR-ICRAF ‘Trees, People, Planet’ Photo Competition 2023, to showcase your finest captures.
CIFOR-ICRAF is looking for captivating images from all around the world, showcasing the stunning diversity of landscapes, forests, wildlife, and our connection to them.
This year, they particularly encourage you to explore the theme of water and emphasize its vital role in forest ecosystems. Let’s check out the exciting aspect of this competition, which is the financial benefits of participating in it.
CIFOR-ICRAF Photo Competition Prizes
The prizes are as follows:
- First place gets up to USD 500
- Second place gets up to USD 400 while;
- Third place receives up to USD 300
CIFOR-ICRAF Photo Competition – Eligibility Criteria
- Participants aged 18 or older are warmly welcome to join the CIFOR-ICRAF photo competition.
- You are encouraged to use the photography equipment that you feel most comfortable with.
- CIFOR-ICRAF employees are not eligible to participate in the competition.
Please take note of the following guidelines:
- Entries should not contain watermarks, signatures, or captions.
- Photos that have previously won other photography competitions will be automatically disqualified.
- The competition does not apply to submissions that feature children or minors.
- Entries created using generative artificial intelligence tools or with their assistance are not permitted.
- Images depicting intentional harassment of wildlife will not be accepted.
- Photos taken in ways that cause or have caused environmental damage by the photographer, including capturing images in restricted areas where human presence is limited by authorities or property managers, will not be considered.
- Photos taken prior to 2010 will not be eligible for entry.
CIFOR-ICRAF Photo Competition – Selection Criteria
A group of judges, chosen by the CIFOR-ICRAF team, will carefully review all entries and select a minimum of 30 photos from the eligible submissions received throughout the competition.
The successful finalists will be chosen on the basis of the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of the theme (10%)
How to Apply For CIFOR-ICRAF ‘Trees, People, Planet’ Photo Competition 2023
- Fill out the online application form.
- You can enter the contest with multiple submissions, but only one of your entries will be chosen for the final round.
- Make sure that the uploaded file includes the title of each photo, your name, email address, social media handles (if applicable), and a caption. The caption should include the subject, location, and a brief description of the story behind the picture.
- It is important that you have full copyright ownership of the submitted photos. By entering the contest, you are agreeing to abide by the contest rules.
Get more details via the official website. of the CIFOR-ICRAF Photo Competition
The application deadline for the CIFOR-ICRAF ‘Trees, People, Planet’ Photo Competition 2023, is November 3, 2023.
More Related Content
- How to Make Those Facebook Avatars you’re Seeing Everywhere: Facebook Avatar
- How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For Free – Steps to Upgrade to Windows 10 for free
- How to Build Wealth When You’re Broke
- How to be a Photographer – How to be a Photographer With your Phone
- How to Become a Professional Photographer