Do you know that you can now change your name at will on Facebook? If you never knew that you can actually do this, now you know. Many Facebook users change their names on the platform every now and hen. Personally, I have made a slight change to my name on Facebook due to a slight mistake. When setting up my Facebook account I forgot to add one of my names. Well to cut the long story short, I was able to correct the issue and was able to add the name with one of the Facebook features at the time. In this article ‘change name on Facebook’, I will be guiding users who wish to change their names on Facebook due to one reason nor the other.
Change Name On Facebook
Facebook is one of the best social media platforms for so many reasons. But I think you will all agree with me that the reason why the Facebook social media platform is seen as one of the best in the world is the ease at which it is being used. Facebook has got a lot of features in place to help you easily navigate the platform. And if you ever find yourself having any reason to change your name on the platform, it has set up some guidelines for you to follow to successfully carry out the quest.
How To Change Your Name On Facebook
Name changing on Facebook is easy and it doesn’t require much. In just a few clicks and taps, your name on Facebook will be changed successfully to the desired one. Follow the steps below to successfully change your Facebook name;
- On your Facebook account page, click on the drop-down arrow in the top right corner.
- From the drop-down, select settings and privacy.
- Click settings and then click name.
- Enter a new name and click review change.
- Lastly, enter your password and click save changes.
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap the menu icon.
- Scroll down the menu page and tap settings and privacy.
- On the settings and privacy page, tap Settings.
- Tap personal information and then tap name.
- Enter your new name in the space provided for it and tap review change.
- Lastly, enter your password and tap save changes.
That’s it. You have just successfully changed your Facebook name without much stress.
Facebook Name Standards
Facebook has its own naming standards. This means that it’s not any name that you can make use of on the Facebook social media platform. There are certain rules that govern the whole naming thing on Facebook. Since Facebook is a close-knit community, you have to go by the name you use in your everyday life. Your name on Facebook can’t include any of the issues below;
- Your name on Facebook cannot contain symbols, punctuation, or repeating characters.
- Characters from multiple languages.
- Tiles such as religious or professional titles.
- Offensive or suggestive words of any kind.
- Words or phrases in the place of a name.
These are something’s to consider and take note of when applying for a change of name on Facebook
Why Can’t I Change My Name On Facebook?
There are times where you may not be able to change your name on Facebook and you just don’t know what to do about it or how to go about it. If you are one of these persons, it just might be that;
- Your new name doesn’t follow the Facebook name policy.
- You tried to change your name more frequently or in the last 60 days.
- Previously you were asked to confirm your name on Facebook.
- Or your name does not match the name that appears on an item from Facebook’s ID list.
If after going through all the possible reasons why you still can’t change your name on Facebook and it doesn’t check out, try filling a Facebook request form here.