One of the most frequently asked questions on the Facebook social media platform recently is ‘how to change name on Facebook’. Name changing or changing name on Facebook is one of the oldest features on the platform. And I am really surprised o see that most users or account holders on Facebook do not know about this. Since Facebook is a platform that provides users with everything they need so they don’t need to go elsewhere to get it, users can do just about anything they want and that’s including changing their names whenever they feel like it. If you never knew that you could change your name on Facebook now you do. Now all you need to do as usual is to continue reading so as to get all the necessary pieces of information in carrying out the exercise successfully.
How To Change Name On Facebook
Have you ever changed your name on Facebook? Some users actually after a series of surveys haven’t changed their names on the Facebook social media platform all because they don’t think that a feature of that magnitude exists on it. Well, I am here to tell you that changing ones name on Facebook is easy and it’s a feature that exists. It must have been that a friend of yours on the platform have edited or changed their names on the platform before, it’s just that you weren’t sharp or observant enough to notice the change. Well, if you haven’t changed your name on the platform before, it is not too late for you. You too can also get in on the act. In a bit, I will be giving you the directives needed to change your name n Facebook anytime you want.
Names Allowed On Facebook
Yes, it is true that you can change your name on Facebook any time you feel like it. But here is something you should also know. Not all names are allowed on Facebook. When setting up your account on the platform you should have noticed this. When setting up your Facebook account and you enter a name that is not accepted on the platform, you will be notified. Facebook has name standards and if you want your name to be accepted, you will need to follow these standards.
The major standard of naming on Facebook is that you use the name you go by in your everyday life. Titles like professional, religious, and traditional titles are not allowed. Numbers and symbols are also not allowed. Words, phrases, and abusive terms are also not allowed when using names on the platform. to learn more about the naming standards on Facebook, check here.
Steps To Change Name On Facebook
You probably have learned about everything about changing names on Facebook. I think it’s time you learn about the steps to finally change your name on Facebook. To change your Facebook name, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com.
- Click the drop-down icon in the top right corner of Facebook.
- Select settings and privacy.
- Select settings and click name.
- Enter your name and click the review change tab.
- Enter your password and click save changes.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Settings and privacy and select settings.
- Select personal information and tap name.
- Enter your name and tap review change.
- Lastly, enter your password and tap save changes.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom right corner of the Facebook app page.
- Tap Settings and privacy after scrolling down the menu page.
- Select settings and tap personal information.
- Next, tap name and enter your new name, and tap review change.
- Enter your password and tap save changes.
Note; you can only change your name on Facebook every 60 days.