What is ‘change name Facebook’? Have you ever had a reason to change your name on Facebook? Maybe you don’t just like your name anymore or your name does not represent you well on Facebook and you wish to change it. There is a lifeline for you if you are in this position. There is a feature on the Facebook social media platform that gives users the ability to change their name of the Facebook social media platform. One thing about Facebook I like so much is the ease with which one can make use of the platform. I mean there is a fail-safe for every feature on this platform. And if you want to ‘change your name on the platform for any reason, you are well covered.
Change Name Facebook
What is ‘change name Facebook’ once again? Change name Facebook as a term simply means change your name on Facebook. Facebook is a very vast platform. Personally, I am still learning of the features and discovering more features on the platform as the day goes by. There are lots of features on the platform and so much one can do on the platform.
However, there are some users on Facebook who made a mistake on the platform with their name when signing up for an account. Or it just might be that they made a change to their name and they would therefore love to make the necessary adjustments to their names. With the change name feature and settings on Facebook, the issue can easily be rectified. And in a bit, I will be guiding users looking for a solution or a way forward in changing their names on the platform.
Facebook Name Standards
Facebook as a social media platform is a close-knit community. And in this community, users go by the name they are addressed with in their everyday lives. With this, you get to know who you are always in contact with on the platform. But before you can think of changing your name on Facebook, there are some things that you need to know. It is not all names that are accepted on Facebook. When it comes to naming on Facebook, there are a set of standards set. And you must meet up with these standards and criteria to have your name accepted on Facebook. below are the things that your name cannot include;
- Your name cannot include phrases or words in the place of a name.
- Numbers, repeating characters, symbols, unusual capitalization, or punctuation.
- Titles of any kind either professional or religious.
- Suggestive or offensive words of any kind.
- Characters from multiple languages.
These are the things your name on Facebook cannot include. You should know that your name on Facebook should be the one you go with in your everyday life. Pretending also to be anyone or anything is not allowed on Facebook.
Steps On Changing Names On Facebook
Now that you already know the things that need to be in place for you to successfully change your name on Facebook and the types of names that are allowed on the platform, it is time that you actually learn how to change your name on the platform. to change your name on Facebook, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click the drop-down icon I the top right corner of your Facebook account page.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings and privacy.
- Click settings and ten click name.
- Enter the new name and click review change.
- Lastly, enter your password in the space provided for it and click save changes.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the menu icon.
- Scroll down the menu and select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Settings and select personal information.
- Tap name and enter your new name.
- Next, tap review changes.
- Lastly, enter your password and tap changes.
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom right.
- Scroll down the page and select Settings and privacy.
- Tap Settings and tap personal information.
- Tap the name option and enter your new name in the space provided for it.
- Next, tap review change.
- Enter your password and tap save changes lastly.
That’s all about changing your name on Facebook. When you follow the steps above correctly, you will be able to change your name on the platform successfully.