The Villa Carmignac Foundation is calling for applications for the 14th edition of the Carmignac Photojournalism Award, which focuses on the condition of women and girls in Afghanistan.
In 2009, during a time of crisis for media and photojournalism, Edouard Carmignac established the Carmignac Photojournalism Award to offer support to photographers working in the field. Each year, the award funds the creation of an investigative photo reportage focusing on human rights violations and geo-strategic issues worldwide. The Carmignac Foundation provides the chosen photographer with both financial resources and support from a dedicated team to carry out their project.
In addition, the foundation produces a monograph and organizes a traveling exhibition to bring attention to the crises and challenges faced by the contemporary world. At the conclusion of each edition, four photographs selected by the laureates are added to the prestigious Carmignac collection.
Benefits Of Carmignac Photojournalism Award
- Chosen by a panel of experts from around the world, the winners of the award are granted €50,000 to conduct a comprehensive field report over a period of six months. With the backing of the Carmignac Foundation, they receive full support throughout their project. Upon their return, the foundation organizes a traveling exhibition and publishes a monograph showcasing their work.
In order for you to be considered eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be a photographer to be eligible for participation. The opportunity is open to photographers from all nationalities.
- You can participate in this competition as an individual or Collaboratively.
- You don’t necessarily need a press card in order to participate.
Selection Process of Carmignac Photojournalism Award
The laureate will be selected through a two-stage process:
- The pre-jury, comprised of directors of photography and curators, will review the received proposals and choose between 12 and 15 of them.
- The final jury, consisting of experts in photography and the specific theme, will then select the winning project. Once the selection process concludes, the jury will meet with the winning photographer to discuss their project and offer any necessary support throughout its entire duration, from the preparation of the reportage to the final exhibition.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is the call for applications for?
The Carmignac Photojournalism Award welcomes photographers of any nationality, whether participating individually or as a team. It is not a requirement to possess a press card in order to take part. The entry regulations and code of ethics can be accessed through this link.
What should the application include?
All applications must be completed online, prior to October 06, 2023, at 23:59 GMT, using either French or English languages exclusively. The application process does not require any payment.
- Personal contacts
- Name and first name
- Date of birth
- Address & country of residence
- E-mail address and phone number
- Website and/or social networks
- Publications/exhibitions/awards (pdf only)
- Portfolio (pdf only)
- Project title
- Project description (500 characters minimum)
- PDF (optional)
How to Apply For Carmignac Photojournalism Award
- If you are sure that you meet the requirements for this competition, then click here to commence your application. All applications must be submitted online. Ensure to submit your application in French or English only on or before the application deadline(October 6, 2023). It is also important to note that the Application process is free of charge.
- For more information visit Carmignac Photojournalism Award.
October 6, 2023.