The Blue Cash Preferred Card is one of the credit cards owned by American Express. This credit card offers rewards and cashback and is one of the best credit cards for new parents who want to save as they shop.
In this article, you will get the details you need about this card, the benefits, the reviews, guidelines on how to apply, and lots more. so, keep on reading.
Blue Cash Preferred Card
Getting a cash credit card is a concern for most people. This is because most people find ways to save and earn rewards while they spend. The American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card is one of the best credit cards for families.
Cardholders earn cash back on supermarket spending, streaming services, and USA gas stations. There is also a welcome bonus for new cardholders.
Amex Blue Cash Preferred Benefits
Before applying for the American Express Blue Cash Preferred credit card, it is important you know its benefits. The benefits of this credit card are listed below:
- Cardholders get cashback for purchasing groceries at any USA Supermarket.
- Cashback on USA streaming subscriptions.
- Also, cardholders earn cashback on transit. This includes taxis, buses, tolls, trains, etc.
- Cardholders who work out with Equinox also get cashback.
- Cashback on USA Gas station and on other purchases.
- Return protection which is 90 days from the date of purchase.
- Easy access to card account online.
- Fraud liability.
These are some of the benefits of the Amex Blue card. Although the card has an annual fee, you can apply for it if you love credit cards with high rewards rates.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Review
The Blue Cash Preferred card has an excellent rewards rating. This card also has a good welcome offer for new card holders. The cashback rewards for grocery shopping and streaming services are outstanding compared to other credit cards.
New cardholders receive cashback in form of a statement credit. This is when they spend the required amount within the first six months of being a cardholder.
An added advantage of this card is that there is a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months of being a cardholder.
Although the Amex Blue Cash Preferred card has a high rewards rate, it comes with an annual fee. In addition to this, some stores like Costco, Walmart, Sam’s Club, and Target are excluded from the cashback. Also, fees are charged for foreign transactions made with the credit card.
With this, you should know that this credit card is best for cashback, frequent dinner, transit, and grocery shopping.
Blue Cash Preferred Card Application
Having known the benefits of the Blue Cash Preferred card, you may be willing to apply for one. you can apply for this card over the phone by contacting Amex customer service. The easiest and fastest way to apply for the card is to do so online.
To apply for this credit card, you need to provide your personal and employer’s information as well as your Social Security Number amongst others.
How to Apply for Blue Cash Preferred Card Online
The steps below will guide you on how to apply for this credit card online:
- Connect your device to the internet and visit the American Express page with the URL www.americanexpress.com
- Navigate to “Cards” at the top of the page and choose “Cashback cards” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be redirected to a new page. Under “American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card”, click on “Apply Now”.
- Fill in your “Name”, “Address”, “Date of Birth” and “Mobile Phone Number” on the opened page.
- Also enter your “Home Address”, “Social Security Number”, “Total Annual Income” and “Non-Taxable annual income” on the page,
- Choose your income source from the drop-down menu.
After this, you can continue the application process by clicking on “Continue to Terms”. Follow all other instructions on your screen to complete the application process.
How to Sign Up for a Blue Cash preferred Card Account
The steps below will guide you on how to register your card for online access:
- Click on “Login” at the top right corner of your display screen.
- You will be redirected to a new page, click on “Create New Online Account”.
- On the opened page, enter your “15-Digit card Number”.
- Also provide your “4-Digit card ID”.
After this, click on “Confirm”. Follow the rest instructions on your screen to complete your account set up online.
How to Login to your Blue Cash Preferred Card Account
Follow the steps below to access your account online:
- Visit the credit card page with the URL www.americanexpress.com
- Locate the “Login” button at the top of the page.
- Enter your “User ID” and “Password” in the required fields.
- Click on “Login at the bottom of the page.
You will be logged in to your account after this. You can click on “Forgot User ID or Password” at the bottom of the page to recover any of your forgotten login details.
What is the Blue Cash Preferred Card Credit Score?
Although Amex does not specify the credit score needed for getting this card, you need to have a good to excellent credit score (670 and above). Having a good or excellent credit score does not mean you will automatically qualify for the card.
There are other factors that will contribute to your approval. They include your income, credit history, debt to income ratio, etc.
What is the Blue Cash Preferred Card Credit Limit?
The Credit Limit on your Blue Cash Preferred Card is the maximum amount you are allowed to spend on the card. American Express does not state any specific credit card limit on the terms and conditions but new cardholders can get up to $1,000.
Generally, the credit limit of cardholders is determined by their credit score, credit history, income, and lots more. If you qualify for a credit limit increase, you will be contacted by the company.
What are the Amex Blue Cash Preferred Streaming Services?
As earlier stated in this article, the blue cash preferred card is one of the best options for streaming services because it offers cashbacks.
The streaming services that are eligible for this cashback include Prime Video, Disney+, Spotify, Kindle Amazon, Amazon Unlimited Music, Fubo TV, Apple TV Plus, Audible, Peacock, HBO and HBO Max and lots more.
Is the Blue Cash Preferred Card Hard to Get?
The Blue cash preferred card may or may not be hard to get. If you have a good credit score and income, getting the card may not be hard. If you apply for the card and you are not approved, you can look for other credit card options that suits you.