Biolife Plasma Services is a Plasma donation center under Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited. This donation center was established by the pharmaceutical company with the aim of collecting high quality Blood plasma from individuals.
The collected plasma is later used to produce drugs and other therapies. In this article, you would discover all you need to know about this organization and how to become a Biolife Plasma Donor.
Biolife Plasma Services
The Human Plasma is an important component of the human blood. It is the pale-yellow liquid in the blood which fight against infections and controls bleeding.
The Human plasma is highly valued because it contains proteins that are useful in producing drugs and other therapies. Since it cannot be manufactured artificially, Plasma is collected from healthy humans.
One advantage of being a Plasma donor at Biolife is that you are being paid as you make donations. The company also ensures that Donors are well taken care of to keep them healthy for continuous donations. So, you have nothing to lose as a Biolife donor.
Biolife Plasma Donation Requirements
Before you can become a Biolife Plasma Donor, there are certain requirement’s you must meet. These requirements are listed below:
- You should be at least 18 years and weigh at least 110 pounds (50kg) before you can be considered eligible for donations.
- Also, individuals should be in good health before donation.
- A proof of address is also needed.
- You will be asked to provide a means of identification that contains your picture, date and Social Security Number.
- You are also required to take meals that contain healthy nutrition before the donation.
If you are under medications on the day of donation, you may still be eligible. These are the general requirements needed for donating plasma at Biolife. There will be a thorough health screening for every new donor.
Biolife Plasma Disqualifications
Having known the requirements for becoming a plasma donor at Biolife, you should know the disqualifications too. They Include:
- You are not eligible for donation if you have undergone transformation in less than four months.
- If you have a recent piercing that happened outside the U.S, you are not eligible for donation.
- Also, a recent tattoo which is less than four months from the day of donation disqualifies you.
- Alcohol consumption on the day of donation disqualifies you.
- The intake of certain antibiotics disqualifies you.
Also, if you are under a medication that will affect the health of the patient receiving the therapy made from your plasma, you will be disqualified. These are the general requirements for becoming a plasma donor at Biolife. You will learn more during the registration process.
How to Sign Up for a Biolife Account
The first step in becoming a Plasma donor is by signing up for an account on the Biolife web page. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL- www.biolifeplasma.com to visit the company’s official web page.
- Click on “Sign Up” at the top right corner of your display screen.
- On the opened page, enter your “Name”, “Email”, and “Zip Code” in the required field.
- Click on “Next” at the bottom of the page.
After this, follow the rest instructions on your screen to complete the process. Signing up for an account is very important because it gives you access to booking appointments.
When you login to your Biolife account online, you can schedule donation appointments. This will reduce your waiting time when you visit any of the donation centers. Your account also gives to access to new updates and other useful resources provided by the donation centers. To learn how to log in to your account, keep on reading.
How to Login to your Biolife Account
The steps below will help you access your Biolife account:
- Go to www.biolifeplasma.com
- Click on the menu button at the top right corner of your display screen.
- Scroll down the page and click on “Log In”.
- Fill in your account “Username” and “Password”.
- Click on the “Log In” button at the bottom of the page.
This is how to access your account on the platform. You can click on “Forgot Password?” to recover your account Password.
How to Become a Biolife Plasma Donor
Becoming a Plasma Donor at Biolife is quite easy. The process for becoming a Biolife plasma donor has been outlined below:
- Sign up for a Biolife Account with the guidelines in this article.
- When you are logged in to your account, locate a Biolife center closest to you and schedule an appointment.
- Visit the Biolofe center on the scheduled day.
- Go through the necessary Health screening.
After you have passed through the screening test, your pulse, weight and blood pressure. Then you can go ahead to donate your plasma. When the donation is completed, you will receive a compensation via the Bio life card.
How to Locate Biolife Near Me
Biolife has a lot of donation centers in the United States. You can visit any of the centers close to you if you are interested in donating your plasma. If you are finding it hard to locate any of the centers near you, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on your internet connected device.
- Enter the URL www.biolifeplasma.com into the search bar.
- On the opened page, enter your “ZIP Code” or “State”.
- Click on the Search bar.
- The Biolife donation center closest to you will be displayed on the screen.
You can also navigate through the map on the page to get more search results. Having done this, you can visit the donation center closest to you.
Biolife offers promotional offers through coupons to their plasma donors. When donors enter the coupon code, they get donation fees. You can enter this code in your Biolife account online or on the Biolife app. This coupon cannot be transferred to other individuals.
How to get Biolife Coupons
To get the Biolife Coupons, you should follow Biolfie Plasma services on their twitter handle (@Biolifecoupons). You can also sign up for email alerts when you login to your account on www.biolifeplasma.com With this, you will be able to see promotional offers, Coupon codes and other updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have some questions related to this topic? If your answer is yes, you should go through this section of the article. Below are some of the questions most people ask when the topic “Biolife Plasma” is being discussed. Detailed answers to these questions have been provided. So, read through.
How Much Does Biolife Pay for Plasma 2022?
Biolife has different donation centers and each center sets its own payments charts. So, the pay is not fixed. The pay also depends on whether the donor is a first timer or a regular donor. However, plasma donors can earn up to $900 because the company is giving out donors.
How Much Does Biolife Plasma Pay New Donors?
As earlier stated in this article, Biolife pays individuals when they donate their plasma. Individuals get over $20 on their first visit. The pay increase as they make more plasma donations.
Donors are not given the cash directly, but they are issued a Mastercard that works like a debit card. The master card used by Biolife is from the North lane card services. Biolife has been rated as one of the highest paying plasma donation centers in the United States.
How Long Does It Take to Donate Plasma at Biolife?
Generally, when donating your plasma for the first time, it may take about two hours to complete the process. The subsequent donation process will take a little over an hour. Your return visit will not include the first health screening and this reduces the time.
What Does Biolife Do with My Plasma?
You may be wondering why Biolife Plasma Service and other Plasma Donation Centers collects plasma from people. The human plasma is rich in protein and these proteins are needed to produce therapies and diagnose rare diseases.
Since Plasma cannot be manufactured artificially, they have to be extracted from the human blood.
How Often Can you Donate Plasma at Biolife?
You can only make donations twice a week and there must be at least a day interval. When you donate your plasma too frequently, it can reduce the level of immunoglobulin in your body leading to other complications. However, Biolife ensures that individuals are fit for donation before they can donate.’
Is it Safe to Donate my Plasma?
Yes, it’s very safe to donate your plasma. Before the donation, you will be screened by Biolife health staff to ensure there are no side effects. Also, your medical history will be examined.
What is the Biolife Card?
The Biolife card is a Master Card issued to plasma donors. This card is loaded with funds which is a compensation for their donations. This card is not a credit card and you can use it to make purchases and withdraw cash from ATMs.
How do I access the Biolife Cardholders Website?
Biolife uses North lane card services. So, to access the cardholder website, you have to visit the North lane card services website at www.login.northlane.com/biolife.