Traveling can be so exciting especially if you are traveling to an amazing country like Canada, but amidst all that excitement is a truckload of unexpected events, if you are a frequent traveler, you need to prepare for unexpected events like accidents.
That’s where travel insurance comes into play. If you’re planning a trip from or within Canada, you need a good travel insurance company to ensure you have the coverage you need.
In this guide, we will consider the best travel insurance companies in Canada, When you are planning to travel, you can choose any of these companies.
Why do you need Travel Insurance?
If you feel insurance isn’t important, here is why you are wrong – the reasons why you need travel insurance before your next journey to or within Canada.
- Medical coverage: If you fall ill or get injured while traveling and you have travel insurance, they will provide financial protection, They can also cover medical expenses like hospitalization and even emergency medical evacuation.
- Trip cancellation: You don’t need to be told – life is unpredictable, and sometimes you may need to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances. If you have travel insurance, they can help you recover non-refundable expenses.
- Lost luggage and personal belongings: If your luggage goes missing or your belongings get stolen during your trip, your travel insurance can compensate you for the loss – that’s how amazing it can get.
- Travel delays: Depending on your insurance coverage, your travel insurance can cover additional expenses incurred due to delays
Now you have seen why you need travel insurance, will you be getting one for yourself? I can feel your “Yes”, if you are interested in getting travel insurance, Below are the best travel insurance companies in Canada.
The top travel insurance companies in Canada
Manulife Travel Insurance
- Coverage: Manulife’s coverage options are quite big, they include medical, trip cancellation, and baggage protection. They provide unique features such as the “Single-Trip All-Inclusive Plan” for comprehensive coverage.
- Pricing: They have competitive pricing and there are various plans to suit different budgets.
- Customer Service: Their customer service is excellent and they have a user-friendly website.
RSA Travel Insurance
- Coverage: With RSA, you will get various plans, and you have comprehensive coverage for medical emergencies and trip cancellations, in addition, there are also options for customizable plans to fit your specific needs, this is wonderful.
- Pricing: The pricing is great, and they offer discounts for family coverage.
- Customer Service: They have responsive customer service and a straightforward claims process, you don’t have to wait months to make claims.
Blue Cross Travel Insurance
- Coverage: They are known for comprehensive medical coverage; Blue Cross offers various plans with additional options like trip interruption coverage.
- Pricing: They are affordable, especially for travelers with pre-existing medical conditions.
- Customer Service: They are also well-regarded for excellent customer service and hassle-free claims processing. You need to use their service.
Allianz Global Assistance Canada
- Coverage: I call them budget-friendly travel insurance, Allianz offers various travel insurance plans, including emergency medical, trip cancellation, and baggage protection. They also provide coverage for adventure sports and activities
- Pricing: Their rate is very inclusive with options for single-trip and annual plans.
- Customer Service: You will get 24/7 assistance and they have a user-friendly website.
- Coverage: You can’t get it wrong with RSA Group, their service is excellent. RSA Group has a variety of travel insurance options that you can pick from depending on your needs, including emergency medical and trip cancellation coverage. They also offer coverage for travel-related accidents and emergencies
- Pricing: Their services are affordable with discounts for group and family plans.
- Customer Service: Customer service is top-notch, you will get support at all times and they have a user-friendly claims process.
- Coverage: I highly recommend Travel Guard, They offer comprehensive travel insurance plans, including medical, trip interruption, and emergency assistance. In addition to that, they also offer coverage for non-medical emergencies such as trip delays and lost baggage.
- Pricing: Aside from their low-priced plans, they have options for customizable plans.
- Customer Service: They have a range of customer support services, including a dedicated helpline.
CAA Travel Insurance
- Coverage: If this is your first time traveling to Canada, you should get CAA, They offer a variety of travel insurance plans. Their options cover emergency medical, trip cancellation, and baggage coverage. They also provide coverage for rental cars and trip interruption. That’s wonderful, right?
- Pricing: They have competitive pricing with discounts for CAA members.
- Customer Service: They have a dedicated customer service team and quick claims processing.
Medipac Travel Insurance
- Coverage: Medipac specializes in travel insurance for Canadians traveling abroad, offering emergency medical coverage and other benefits. Furthermore, they provide coverage for travelers with pre-existing medical conditions
- Pricing: Their pricing is cool, especially for seniors and long-term travelers.
- Customer Service: They are known for their expertise in medical travel insurance and responsive customer support.
Travel insurance is an investment in peace of mind, and with the right coverage, you can travel confidently, knowing you’re protected against unforeseen events.
When choosing a travel insurance company, you need to carefully review their policies, coverage options, and terms before selecting the one that best suits your travel needs and preferences.
How much does travel insurance cost in Canada?
The cost of travel insurance in Canada varies, it depends on your age, the duration of your trip, the level of coverage you need, and any pre-existing medical conditions. On average, a standard travel insurance plan for a one-week trip within Canada can range from $25 to $100 or more.
Should I get travel insurance for Canada?
Yes, you need to get travel insurance when traveling to or within Canada. It helps with trip cancellations, lost baggage, and emergency medical expenses.
What to look for in travel insurance in Canada?
When searching for travel insurance in Canada, consider factors like your coverage needs, price and deductibles, policy and terms of service, claim process, customer reviews, and provider’s reputation.
The best travel insurance company for you will depend on your specific needs, budget, and travel plans. While the companies listed here are great, before picking anyone, consider reading customer reviews.
You can talk to those who have used any of them and get to understand if they have all you need before making your decision. Do not forget to read their policy thoroughly, it will help you understand each company’s operation properly.