Looking for podcasts to listen to while you take your daily walk? This best crime podcasts 2021 series are definitely guaranteed to keep you hooked for hours on end. With their deep dives into the world’s most shocking crimes and hard-hitting storytelling, the best true crime podcasts are guaranteed to keep you hooked for hours on end.
Well, I’ve got good news: While 2020’s true-crime podcast releases had plenty of shock and spook, the upcoming series for 2021 is all spine-tingling in their own ways. read down to get more about the true crime podcasts that will blow your mind.
Best Crime Podcasts 2021
Best crime podcasts 2021 will definitely make your day. True-crime podcasts have exploded in recent years, largely thanks to the success of smash-hit whodunnit ‘Serial’. Occasionally gruesome and always edge-of-the-seat enthralling, the best true-crime podcasts trace murder mysteries, cold cases, scams, and miscarriages of justice through twist after twist.
In fact, the true-crime podcast genre at its best can be so compelling that it’s easy to burn through a whole series leaving you hungry for some fresh intrigue. From the genre-defining investigative style of Serial to the hilariously morbid My Favorite Murder, there’s something to suit every taste.
The Best True Crime Podcasts to Listen to In 2021
Below are the best true podcasts
- British Scandal; This new podcast by My Dad Wrote A Porno host Alice Levine and comedian and former political advisor Matt Forde sees the pair dive into three modern-day British scandals that sent shockwaves across the globe, starting with the Salisbury Poisonings. Alongside looking at the facts and reactions which shaped each scandal, the British Scandal will see the pair will look closer at the “ordinary human stories” at the heart of each case, and whether or not the scandal led to any real or meaningful change.
- Fake Heiress; Following her release from prison and ahead of Netflix’s new true-crime series Inventing Anna, interest in Anna Delvey’s crimes – which saw the young woman claim to be a German socialite and scam numerous high-flyers into funding her lavish lifestyle – is once again on the rise.
- In The Dark; if you haven’t listened to In the Dark yet, now’s the time to get to it. The popular podcast, which started with an investigation into the infamous disappearance of Jacob Wetterling, is a firm favorite among true-crime fans for its rigorous, journalistic reporting which is delivered in a non-sensationalist and transparent way.
- Stolen: The Search for Jermain; From journalist Connie Walker, the host of the acclaimed true-crime podcast Missing And Murdered: Finding Cleo, comes another missing person series, Stolen: The Search For Jermain. Walker has made it her life’s work to tell the stories of missing and murdered Indigenous women (she is Cree from Okanese First Nation in Canada), and this series sees her continue this work by diving into the case of Jermain Charlo, who went missing from Missoula, Montana in 2018.
- Welcome to Your Fantasy; Welcome To Your Fantasy is a new podcast from Spotify which takes a closer look at the world of “greed, corruption and murder” behind the shining success of the Chippendales – the male dancers who sold the promise of women’s liberation “for the price of a few dollars in a G-string”.
- Hunting Ghislaine; is a podcast that gives listeners a closer look at the life of Ghislaine Maxwell, the former partner of the convicted sex offender Jeffery Epstein who was arrested by the FBI last year after almost a year spent on the run.
With so many true crime shows out there, there’s surely a bit of something for every palate. From international conspiracies to horror podcasts about murders that rocked small towns, it’s all there. You can get more details on the best crime podcasts to listen to in 2021 here.