Basic tips for keeping your computer safe are one of the ideas that keep your computer safe from internal and external forces. Well, this article would guide you on the different ways to keep your computer safe.
Computer viruses do not just come up just like that, computer viruses are being spread through the system through malicious online downloads, infected email attachments, or by plugging infected hardware like an external flash drive or USB stick.
Ways to keep our Computer Safe (Internal Safety)
The following are the ways to keep our computers safe, this is for internal safety:
- Use a firewall. A firewall is a network security device that helps to monitor traffic from your network. It also blocks traffic based on a defined set of security rules. There are a lot of firewalls and the following are a few of them:
- Packet filtering firewall.
- Circuit level gateway.
- Application-level gateway (also known as a proxy firewall).
- Stateful inspection firewall.
- Next-generation firewall.
All this firewall has their own benefits and how to affect your system positively in their own way.
- Keep all your software updated. Make sure to turn on automatic updates from your windows update.
- Another way is to use antivirus software and make sure to keep your antivirus software updated and upgraded.
Types of Antivirus Software
The following are the different types of Antivirus software:
- AVG Antivirus Business Edition.
- Bitdefender Total security.
- SecureMac and many others.
- Choose to use protected and secured passwords. The password that could be hardly guessed.
- Try to avoid using unnecessary attachments or unusual links that come in form of messages. Do not click random pop-ups in form of messages.
- Avoid illicit sites that could cause virus spread or malfunction of your system. You could use the Microsoft Edge browser that assists you to prevent malware sites and codes that would try to run on your computer.
- Try to stream movies, music, or books from trusted sites.
- Don’t use external devices that you do not know the source of the device. Some systems get malware and virus from an external device.
- Remove junk files and programs from your system.
- Organize and back up your data.
External way of taking care of Computer
- Protect the padding.
- Organize Cords.
- Unplug to avoid overcharging.
- Dust your keyboard and case regularly.
How to keep your Device Secured from Viruses
In order to keep your system from viruses, you do the following:
- Keep up to date by updating your system applications and software.
- You could safeguard your system with the aid of antivirus software.
- Secure your system with Antispyware software.
- Choose secure and strong passwords.
- Use secured authentication.
- Don’t click on every link.
- Shop at safe and reliable sites.
Possible ways to Infect your Computer with a Virus
You might notice that your system has been corrupted and you are wondering how it happens, then these are the possible ways for that to happen:
- Sharing music, files, or other information with other users.
- Unknowingly visiting infected websites.
- Opening unnecessary emails or email attachments from unknown sites or sources.
- Downloading free games, toolbars, media players, and other system utilities.
- Installing software applications without knowing or going through the license agreements.
Six ways to keep your Home computer safe and secure?
- Check your Firewall regularly.
- Back up your data.
- Stay away from rogue websites.
- Avoid deals that look fancy and enticing.
- Never disclose any personally sensitive information.
- And avoid opening unknown emails.
Tips to protect the security of your private information?
The tips to protect the security of your computer or private information are by securing your device with a pin or password and ensuring to make your password or pin as private as possible. Also, install apps from trusted sources. Another way is to keep your device updated and upgraded constantly. Do not click on messages from unknown sites.
What is the commonest way of infecting your computer with a Virus?
There are so many ways of infecting your computer with viruses. And the most common way, According to the U.S cybersecurity and Infrastructure security agency, infected email attachments are the most common means of spreading a computer virus.
How to know when your PC has a Virus?
How to be aware of viruses in your PC is by opening the Windows Security settings, then choosing the virus and threat protection option and the scan the options shown to you, next you select the windows defender offline scan and then choose scan to figure out if the virus is present in your system.