Teaching art is a rewarding profession that allows educators to inspire creativity, imagination, and self-expression in students. If you’re an art teacher with a passion for teaching and a desire to explore different cultures and landscapes, you may be interested in opportunities to teach art abroad.
However, many countries actively seek skilled art teachers, and some even offer visa sponsorships to make your dream of teaching art internationally a reality.
The Global Demand for Art Teachers
Art education is a vital part of a well-rounded curriculum, and schools worldwide recognize its significance. As a result, there is a growing demand for qualified art teachers across the globe.
However, art educators are not only responsible for fostering artistic talent but also for helping students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.
What Does An Art Teacher Do?
An art teacher is a qualified individual who works in a school and instructs students in the art forms of painting, drawing, photography, ceramics, and sculpture. A teacher of art may also work in private practice or for an art gallery. They teach pupils in art history, art theory, and art production. The majority of art educators are working professionals who enjoy sharing their craft with students.
Art teacher salary in the United States. How much does an Art Teacher make in the United States? The salary is based on the location, years of experience, and company. But the average salary in the United States ranges around:
|Job||Per-hour salary range||Per day||Per week||Per month||Per year|
|Art teacher job||$23.30- $43.21||$266- $493||$1,032- $1,913||$3,992- $7,402||$56,377- $104,549|
Top companies for Art Teachers in the United States
There are also some top companies with high-paying salaries and lots of benefits to enjoy alongside free visas. However, if you are interested you can get on any of the company links below:
|Company name||Per-hour salary range||Yearly salary range||Website to apply|
|Oakland Unified School District||$17.32- $30.00||$23,215- $133,125||http://webportal.ousd.k12.ca.us/|
|Third Future Schools||$16.06- $26.89||$58,840- $124,161||https://www.thirdfuture.org/|
|Duval County Public Schools||$10.34- $27.87||$51,478- $93,155||https://dcps.duvalschools.org/|
|Richland County School District One||$10.00- $50.00||$23,674- $94,121||http://www.richlandone.org/|
|Young Rembrandts||$7.25- $40.50||$36,000- $59,773||http://www.youngrembrandts.com/|
|Gwinnett County Public Schools||$14.00- $28.00||$28,509- $102,358||https://www.gwinnettpl.org/|
|Exceptional Children’s Foundation||$14.10- $33.54||$41,000- $267,000||https://www.ecf.net/|
|KidzToPros||$16.97- $55.72||$33,945- $110,000||https://www.kidztopros.com/|
|Young Art Lessons||$14.00- $19.90||$30,000- $74,342||https://www.youngartusa.co/|
Highest-paying cities for Art Teachers
Below are high-paying cities for art teachers:
|City||Per hour||Per year|
|Phoenix, AZ||$31.19- $56.28||$75,462- $136,150|
|Tampa, FL||$29.70- $51.57||$71,853- $124,757|
|Washington, DC||$29.08- $47.34||$70,353- $114,520|
|New York, NY||$27.49- $50.52||$66,511- $122,235|
|Angeles, CA||$24.74- $43.91||$59,849- $106,222|
|Miami, FL||$23.80- $43.89||$57,569- $106,176|
|San Francisco, CA||$23.56- $37.98||$57,006- $91,884|
|Atlanta, GA||$22.78- $41.58||$55,107- $100,601|
|New Haven, CT||$56,164- $83,801||$23.21- $34.64|
Duties of Art Teacher
You need to know your duty as an art teacher before applying for the job. However, below are some of the duties to perform:
- Discovering tools and developing skills in the creative process
- using a variety of educational methods that are in line with the needs of the students and the available resources
- planning, organizing, and producing shows and art displays for the public and schools
- helping pupils display and show their artwork in an efficient manner
- managing and organizing learning activities as well as directing pupils to attain specific goals and content
How To Become An Art Teacher
- Obtain a fine arts bachelor’s degree or the equivalent. A bonus is having a master’s degree in the fine arts.
- Get some on-site training to familiarize yourself with fundamental workplace principles. To improve career chances, volunteer opportunities, and internship programs are constantly accessible.
- Learn to master key competencies and skills like good communication, teamwork, organization, planning, and analytical abilities. They must also have initiative, be able to handle stress, be adaptable, and be innovative.
- To increase your chances of landing a job, obtain relevant credentials. Certifications differ from region to region and from public school to public school. It’s possible that community art initiatives won’t make this demand. However, holding suitable permits gives an applicant a competitive edge.
What skills help Art Teachers find jobs?
- Classroom experience
- Classroom management
- Communication skills
- Experience with children
The Most Common Benefits for Art Teachers
However, there are some salaries to enjoy aside from high earnings. Below are some of the benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
There are some requirements to consider, some of them are listed below:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Art Education or a related field is typically required, and a master’s degree may be preferred in some institutions.
- Teaching Certification: Art teachers often need to be certified to teach in their respective jurisdiction or school district, which may involve completing specific teacher preparation programs and exams.
- Portfolio: A strong portfolio of personal artwork or examples of previous student work can demonstrate your artistic skills and teaching capabilities.
How to Apply
To apply for an art teacher job, you should follow these steps:
- Create a well-organized and professional resume that highlights your relevant education, experience, and skills.
- Write a Cover Letter
- Research the School or Institution online.
- Ensure you have copies of your educational degrees, teaching certificates, and any other relevant documents, as these may be required during the application process.
- Follow the application process outlined in the job posting, which may involve submitting your resume, cover letter, and application form through the school’s website or a job portal like indeed.com. LinkedIn.com, etc.
- Prepare a Portfolio
- Share your teaching philosophy and how you plan to inspire and educate students in the field of art.
- Obtain strong letters of recommendation from colleagues, supervisors, or mentors who can speak to your teaching abilities and commitment to art education.
- If you’re invited for an interview, be prepared to discuss your teaching philosophy
- After applying or interviewing, send a thank-you email or letter to express your gratitude for the opportunity to be considered for the position.
Type of Visa Required
The type of visa required for an art teacher job typically depends on specific circumstances, such as the teacher’s nationality, the country where they intend to work, and the duration of their employment. In the United States, for example, art teachers may often enter on an H-1B visa if they meet the qualifications and are sponsored by an educational institution.
Alternatively, they may use an O-1 visa if they prove unusual ability or achievement in the field of art. Other countries have their visa categories for skilled workers or educators, which art teachers would need to explore and apply for based on their unique situation and the relevant immigration regulations
For art teachers who dream of expanding their horizons and sharing their passion for creativity with students around the world, the prospect of a job with visa sponsorship is an exciting opportunity. So, if you’re an art teacher looking for a new adventure, consider exploring the world of international teaching and the possibilities of visa sponsorship. Your journey as an art teacher overseas may be just beginning.
More Related Content
- Back to School Discounts for Teachers 2022 – Teacher Discount on Laptops
- UK Teaching Jobs with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now
- Best Teacher Gifts Amazon – Teachers Gift Buying Guide
- Foreign Language Teaching Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA – APPLY NOW
- How To Become Nurse Educator – 5 Steps to Become a Nurse Educator