The prestigious Anzisha Prize Fellowship award recognizes and rewards those who have not only brought forth innovative solutions to societal challenges but have also fostered successful businesses within their communities.
The Anzisha Prize, Africa’s most significant award for its youngest entrepreneurs aged 15 to 22 years, is a testament to the continent’s potential. This initiative bestows over USD $140,000 annually in business support and prize money to exceptionally talented entrepreneurs from across Africa.
The prize not only offers financial aid but also serves as a platform to inspire and empower young visionaries to believe in their ability to make a transformative impact on the continent.
Anzisha Prize Fellowship
Are you a young African entrepreneur with dreams of expanding a small business or a project generating income for you and your peers? If so, the Anzisha Prize Fellowship invites you to become a role model and catalyst for change.
This initiative envisions you as a driving force behind Africa’s economic growth and job creation. Your journey to becoming an Anzisha Prize Fellow starts here.
Background of the Anzisha Prize
The Anzisha Program, a collaborative effort between the African Leadership Academy and the Mastercard Foundation, aims to bolster the number of job-generative entrepreneurs in Africa significantly.
In identifying, training, and connecting high-potential young entrepreneurs aged 15 to 22, the program seeks to create a robust pipeline of individuals capable of scaling their ventures. This approach sets the stage for a brighter economic future for the entire continent.
Benefits of the Anzisha Prize Fellowship
The Anzisha Prize Fellowship offers four distinct categories for recognition:
- Job Creation Prize: This is awarded to an entrepreneur with the most generated job opportunities within two years of joining the fellowship.
- Revenue Growth Prize: This prize is awarded to an entrepreneur with the highest revenue growth since joining the fellowship.
- Storytelling Prize: Celebrates the entrepreneur who effectively communicates their entrepreneurial journey through various storytelling mediums.
- Integration Systems and Processes Prize: Acknowledges the entrepreneur who utilizes learned systems and processes to advance their business model.
To be considered for the Anzisha Prize Fellowship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Age: You must be between 15 and 22 years old, with valid ID documentation.
- You must be a citizen of an African country, operating a business catering to African customers/beneficiaries.
- Your business must be operational; the prize isn’t for concepts but for ventures already in motion.
- Businesses from various fields and industries are encouraged to apply.
The selection of Anzisha Fellows is based on a holistic evaluation of their ventures:
- Established Venture: Your venture should have a track record of delivering value to customers and beneficiaries.
- Founder-led: The venture should be led and managed by you, the founder.
- Impact: The venture should showcase a measurable impact.
- Scalability: For-profit ventures should demonstrate revenue potential, while not-for-profit enterprises should exhibit the potential to reach more beneficiaries.
- Job Creation: The venture should have created jobs or possess the potential to create high-quality employment opportunities.
Anzisha Fellows are expected to exhibit two crucial qualities:
- Venture Leadership: As the leader of your venture, you should drive both strategic vision and operational excellence.
- Commitment: A minimum commitment of 20 hours per week to your business is essential.
To apply, get the following documents ready:
- Copy of your ID
- Company registration documents (if applicable)
- Venture/project logos
- Pictures of your project
- A personal photograph
Visit the official website at: anzishaprize.org/apply/ to apply
September 7, 2023.
More Related Content
- Anzisha Prize Awards Program 2023 for African Entrepreneurs – Up USD $200,000
- Best Upright Vacuums for Pet Hair & Carpet on Amazon
- PayPal Ventures – PayPal Investment for Fintech Startups
- Top 10 Business Ideas: Great Business Idea To Start In 2021
- Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card Application Login & Activation @ www.capitalone.com