Are you an international student from a developing country? Do you have a strong academic and professional background? If so, you’re invited to apply for AgEcon Scholarships 2024-25. These are provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under its special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS).
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), through its special scholarship initiative (EPOS), offers support to students from developing countries, who demonstrates excellent academic and professional background. However, scholarship recipients must have work experience in a public authority, state institution, and/or a private company in a developing country.
Recipients must have been engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects that place emphasis on development policies relating to technology, economics, and/or social impact.
Benefits of DAAD AgEcon Scholarships
Below are the benefits of the AgEcon Scholarships:
- Recipients of the DAAD University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarship will not pay tuition for the two years of the Agricultural Economics Master’s program
- Recipients will also receive health insurance, a monthly living allowance of EUR 750, travel expenses to and from Germany, and research expenses
- The DAAD EPOS initiative also includes an intensive German language course from August to September at a language school in Germany, which must be completed before beginning the Master’s degree.
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship
The application process is extremely competitive and has stringent standards. The following minimum conditions must be met in order for candidates to be taken into consideration:
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing nation
- Prior to applying, you must have at least 2 years of professional experience after earning your bachelor’s degree.
Note: It should be noted that work in academia, such as teaching and conducting research at a university or research institute, is not generally regarded as relevant work experience for this program and is only occasionally recognized.
- Academic degrees.
- Have aspirations and drives associated with the development
- You must not have spent more than 15 months in Germany as of the application deadline.
In addition to the above requirements, scholarship candidates must satisfy the following prerequisites for the Master’s degree program:
- Posses a Bachelor’s degree in a related field with superior marks
- Provide Authentic evidence of your English language ability as specified in the admission requirements (see below) like the TOEFL IBT (90) and IELTS academic (overall Band 6.5).
Note: Your university’s certificate of linguistic competency is NOT ENOUGH!
- You must provide the results of an official English test, even if you have studied in English during your entire academic career (as in, for instance, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, India, etc.).
No exceptions apply:
- Economics and statistics classes with proof at the undergraduate level
- The AgEcon PreTest serves as evidence of one’s own evaluation.
- Downloadable versions of the official admission rules (in German) and reference rules (in English) are both available.
How to Apply for AgEcon Scholarships 2024-25?
If you’re Interested and qualified for the AgEcon Scholarships, you can apply by visiting the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) via this link: https://hohcampus.verw.uni-hohenheim.de/qisserver/pages/psv/selbstregistrierung/pub/selbstregistrierung.xhtml?_flowId=selfRegistrationRegister-flow&_flowExecutionKey=e1s1
For more details about this scholarship, please visit the University of Hohenheim website at https://www.uni-hohenheim.de/en/agecon-scholarships
Documents Required for Application
- All required DAAD application documents, signed and dated
- DAAD Application Form, signed and dated
- An updated CV (europass)
- Motivation Letter (max 2 pages)
December 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- DAAD Study Scholarships 2024 – DAAD Scholarship in Music Fields | APPLY NOW
- DAAD Masters Degree Scholarships for International Students in Germany
- DAAD Leadership For Africa Master’s Scholarship 2024/2024 for East Africa – Study In Germany
- DAAD Scholarships 2022 in Germany Fully Funded – How to Apply
- DAAD Scholarship Program for Africa 2023 – Study In Germany