Aga Khan University Medical College East Africa is inviting medical practitioners in Africa for the 2023 Medical Internship Program.
Aga Khan University Medical Internship 2023
The Medical University is offering an intensive training opportunity to medical officer interns in both clinical and non-clinical areas.
Aga Khan University Medical Internship Programme will run for a duration of one year, the internship combines well-designed training activities that run within 3 months each in internal Surgery, Medicine, Obstetrics and gynecology, and Paediatrics.
Details About Aga Khan University Medical Internship
- Internship Title: Aga Khan University Medical Internship
- Host Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
- Country: Kenya
- Study at: Aga Khan University
- Focus: Medical
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: May 12, 2023
Benefits of Aga Khan University Medical Internship 2023
Upon completing the one-year internship training, interns are expected:
- To Function as competent and caring physicians
- To Assess and manage common medical and surgical conditions
- To Manage emergencies and participate in resuscitations
- Commence appropriate initial management and refer appropriately
- Carry out common procedures independently and efficiently
- To have effective communication with their patients and relatives
- Work with fellow interns
- Gain knowledge of commonly used drugs and their rational use
- Successfully complete emergency training courses in medicine, surgery, pediatrics and obstetrics, and gynecology
Brief History Of Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Founded in the year 1967, Aga Khan Foundation is a nonprofit international development agency. It was established by Shah Karim Al Hussaini, Aga Khan IV, who was said to be the 49th Hereditary Imam of the Shia Ismaili Muslims.
The foundation seeks to address challenges such as poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health in the poorest parts of South and Central Asia, Eastern, and Western Africa, and the Middle East.
Aga Khan Foundation also connects with local, national, and international partners in order to bring about sustainable improvements of life in the countries in which it implements programmes.
How to Apply for Aga Khan University Medical Internship 2023?
- Qualified applicants should submit their applications by email to: [email protected] or
- Through post at:
Postgraduate Medical Education
Aga Khan University
P.O. Box 39340 -00623
- Aga Khan University official website: www.aku.edu
Eligibility Criteria for Aga Khan University Medical Internship 2023
- Applicants must have proof of already completed undergraduate course in a recognized medical school in Kenya, or
- The internship is open to doctors from medical schools within the East African region. However, they must be qualified for reciprocal recognition or
- Doctors hold the least requirement for admission to universities in Kenya and have qualifications from outside the country. Should already pass the internship qualifying examinations set by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Applicants must have proof of signed Hippocratic Oath
- Candidates must have passed the Internship Assessment Exam and interviews set by the Aga Khan University
Documents Required for Application
- Cover letter
- A personal statement showing future interests.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified academic certificates and transcripts
- Three letters of reference
May 12, 2023.
More Related Content
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarships – Apply Now!!!
- Top 6 Study Anywhere Scholarships For International Students
- Top Five Scholarships For African Students
- The FTC Is Looking into Rules about the Collection and Selling of People’s Personal Data
- The 21 Best Educational YouTube Channels for Kids
- Green Web Foundation Fellowship Program 2023 – Apply Now!