Apply for the African Young Women Leaders (AfYWL) Fellowship Programme 2023! The AfYWL Fellowship Programme is a prestigious opportunity for young African women to make a significant impact on the continent’s development.
AfYWL Fellowship Programme
In partnership with the African Union Commission (AUC), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) offers a 12-month assignment at its headquarters in New York or in one of its regional or country offices.
The fellowship aims to empower and develop a new generation of global leaders who will actively contribute to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Agenda 2063 in Africa.
Details About the AfYWL Fellowship Programme
The AfYWL Fellowship Programme aligns with the AUC Chairperson’s 1 Million Next Level Initiative, which focuses on education, employment, entrepreneurship, and engagement for African youth. The programme emphasizes youth empowerment, gender equality, and women empowerment to foster development across the continent.
The fellowship aims to empower young African women to play a vital role in driving transformational change. Through the programme, participants will learn to mainstream youth priorities and gender in development, ensuring inclusivity and equal opportunities for all.
As part of the fellowship, participants will engage in strategic communications and partnerships, enhancing their ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders to achieve development objectives.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to be considered for the AfYWL Fellowship Programme 2023/2024:
- Maximum cumulative two years of relevant and paid working experience
- Strong working knowledge of English and proficiency in at least one additional AU working language
- The required competencies include Innovation, Leadership, People Management, Communication, Delivery
- Candidates must have completed Master’s degree or equivalent in the following areas: Economics, Political Science, Business Administration, International Relations/Development, Law, Communications, Digitalization or other related development field.
- The applicant should have an excellent knowledge of English
- A Proficiency in one of the following AU working language is an advantage: Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish
- Only Female candidates are accepted
- Candidate must be a national of an African Union member state.
- 30 years maximum at the date of application.
- Must be available to dedicate 12 months for a fellowship assignment.
- She must be available to attend the induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in early 2024
- Must be Willing to relocate to duty station, live and work outside country of residence
- Have an Understanding of poverty eradication, sustainable structural transformation, the SDGs and Agenda 2063.
Benefits of the AfYWL Fellowship Programme
- Fellows will benefit from structured guidance, coaching, and mentoring during their 12-month assignment.
- They will also receive a monthly stipend, travel and medical insurance coverage, and an earmarked learning budget.
- Selected candidates will participate in an induction workshop in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, before commencing their fellowship assignments.
- A final evaluation will determine the locations of assignments, and candidates are expected to be flexible in accepting the offered placements.
- Interested and eligible individuals are required to submit an application in English.
- Kindly click this Link: https://undp.apply.cappats.com/jobs/view/31 to initiate your application.
- During the application process you will go through different stages of assessment and selection. It’s essential to provide the required information and material requested, to enable the AfYWL Recruitment team to review and assess your application.
- To initiate your application you will need provide the following documents;
- Copies of your national ID/Passport
- Academic degrees (tertiary education/Bachelor and Masters)
August 13, 2023.