Applications are ongoing for the African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023. This internship is a golden opportunity to gain cutting-edge experiences for an outstanding career.
The renowned African Union (AU) internship program, is a full-time engagement of candidates from different fields of study to gain professional exposure within the African Union (AU). All interested and qualified Individuals are encouraged to apply for this great opportunity.
The African Union (AU), is committed to promoting respect for diversity and teamwork, hence, they’re accepting applications from all qualified individuals. However, Applicants are expected to have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
Details About African Union (AU) Internship Program
- Type: Internship (Postgraduate)
- Host Organization: African Union (AU)
- Eligible Country: Africa
- Eligible Course: Any academic background
- Gender: Open Men and Women
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
Aims and Benefits of the African Union (AU) Internship Program
- To expose interns to the operations of the AU at an early stage of their professional career
- To strengthen Participant’s personal and professional skills.
- The Internship will provide an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various application fields while learning in an intercultural environment.
- Subsequently, the African Union (AU) will receive support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
About African Union
The African Union (AU) was officially launched in 2022, succeeding the then Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999).
AU as it’s mostly called is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent.
How to Apply for the African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023
- All Interested and qualified candidates for the AU internship can access the African Union link below to apply for the internship: https://careers.au.int/
- Candidates are also required to send the required documents listed below to [email protected]
Eligibility Criteria for African Union (AU) Internship Qualification
Applicants who fulfill the following conditions are eligible:
- Nationals of the African Union’s Member States
- Students who are currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate (in the final year of study)/ postgraduate study or graduates from a recognized institution of learning;
- Candidates who are fluent in one of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese, Kiswahili);
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 32 at the time of application.
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that the African Union (AU) will have no financial obligation towards the following: travel arrangements, cost of accommodation, and living expenses
- Assistance will be given to interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Participants/Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
- The AU internship program will be authorized just once for three (3) months renewable one time for any candidate.
Documents Required for Application
- Letter of motivation Showing what Interns expect to gain out of the internship program
- A valid passport or national identity card
- Relevant academic certificates
- Current curriculum vitae (CV)
- A letter of recommendation for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
- Applicants should create a profile on the AU Careers portal.
June 30, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: