The Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) 2023, is an exceptional opportunity for early- to mid-career researchers in Africa who aspire to become thought leaders in their respective fields. In collaboration with the Global Young Academy and with funding from the Robert Bosch Stiftung Foundation, the University of Pretoria has launched this transformative initiative.
The programme is designed to enhance participants’ leadership skills and enable them to tackle the complex challenges that Africa and the global community face.
Details About Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP)
The Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) is an innovative initiative established by the University of Pretoria. In partnership with the Global Young Academy and supported by the Robert Bosch Stiftung Foundation, the ASLP aims to empower early- to mid-career researchers across various disciplines, including basic sciences, applied sciences, engineering, social sciences, arts, and the humanities.
By fostering thought leadership, team development, engagement, and collaboration, the ASLP seeks to cultivate a new generation of academic leaders equipped to address critical issues within Africa and globally.
Objectives of the ASLP
Through support and guidance, the programme enables participants to apply these acquired skills to projects that contribute to the academic advancement of the continent and create a positive societal impact.
Moreover, the ASLP seeks to establish a vast network of academic leaders, transcending geographical and disciplinary boundaries, and fostering collaboration and knowledge exchange.
Selection Criteria for Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP)
To be selected to participate in the ASLP;
- Applicants must demonstrate their future involvement in the development of research projects, programmes, human capacity, specific policies or societal structures.
- Considerations will be given to individual qualities but also focus on ensuring a diversity of culture, subject background (Natural and Social Sciences, Humanities) and gender among the fellows.
Criteria for the nomination and selection of fellows
- A PhD or equivalent qualification
- The applicant’s research position at a research institution;
- Activeness in research and teaching at an African institution of higher education or research;
- Record of outstanding scientific outputs;
- Leadership ability in research and beyond
- Demonstrated Interest in the role of research in addressing complex issues affecting society
- Activeness in participating in all the activities of the fellowship
- The application process typically involves the provision of two support letters from academic referees Which must be sent from an accredited institutional email address.
- One of the two referees provided should have commitments towards Participating in future communications and mentorship in case of selection of the applicant into the programme.
- This referee must be willing to provide to the Participant if the need arises
- After the review of applications and selection of shortlisted candidates will be fine by representatives of the University of Pretoria, the Global Young Academy, national young academies, and ASLP Management.
- The final selection of candidates will be made by Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) management team
- Start your Application here: https://aslp.science/index.php/application/aslp
The Africa Science Leadership Programme (ASLP) is a transformative initiative that empowers early- to mid-career researchers in Africa to become effective academic leaders. By fostering thought leadership, team development, engagement, and collaboration, the
ASLP equips participants with the skills necessary to tackle complex issues and create a positive impact on the continent and the global community. Eligible researchers are encouraged to seize this opportunity and apply for the ASLP 2023 to embark on a journey of personal and professional growth while making a difference in their respective fields.
July 15, 2023.
More Related Content
- Highest Paying Digital Marketing Jobs In New York
- Australia Awards Fellowships 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- Mid-Career Visiting Scientist Award 2022 – APPLY NOW!
- Aspire Credit Card Pre Approval, Application, Activate & Login at www.aspire.com
- Future Academy Africa Tech Scholarship 2022 for Young Africans – Apply Now