You need to activate your new debit card by Chase bank before you can use it. The Chase debit card is a convenient way for you to make everyday purchases without having to carry cash around. This card is also accepted where a visa debit card is accepted.
This article will give you a detailed guide on activating a Chase Debit Card and even if you don’t have one, you will learn how to apply for it. Read on!
Activate Debit Card Chase
Once your application for a Chase Debit card has been approved, you will be mailed the card within a few working days. The first thing you need to do after receiving your new card is to activate it.
This is to verify that you have used the card. If you don’t activate your new card, you can’t use it to make purchases. Chase Bank provides different methods that you can use to activate your card which you will learn as you read on.
Chase Debit Card Activation
The Chase debit card comes with so many benefits and you can only enjoy them after activating it. You can activate your card online, over the phone, or at any Chase ATM.
Before you do this, take note of your card’s 3-digit CVV number, and card expiration date. To activate your card, follow any of the steps below.
How to Activate a Chase Debit Card Online
To activate your card online, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser on a device connected to the internet.
- Enter the URL chase.com/personal/secure-banking/debit into the search bar to visit the debit card page online.
- Click on “Sign in” at the right corner of your screen.
- Provide your “Username” and “Password” to access your account.
- After logging in to your account, locate “Activate card” on your account dashboard. You will be redirected to a new page.
- Provide your 16 digits card number.
Follow all other instructions on your screen to successfully verify your identity and successfully activate your card.
How to Activate a Chase Debit Card Over the Phone
If you don’t want to activate your new debit card online, you can do so over the phone. Also, note that you must use the phone number registered during the card application to dial the number on your card.
To activate your card over the phone, call the number printed on the back of your card. You will be asked to provide your card number and other means of verification. Do so promptly to activate your card.
How to Activate a Chase Debit Card Via ATM
Another easy way for you to activate your Chase card is by using it at an ATM. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Chase Bank ATM closest to you. To locate the one closest to you, visit the Chase ATM locator page with the URL chase.com
- Insert your card into the ATM.
- Provide the default card PIN. This is always stated in the card mail.
Follow all other instructions on your screen to successfully activate your new card.
How to Activate Chase Debit Card on App
If you have the Chase Mobile App installed on your device activate your new Chase Debit card online with the guide below:
- Launch the Chase Mobile app on your device.
- Sign in to your account with your “Username” and “Password”.
- Tap on the menu bar at the top left corner of your screen.
- Locate the card activation option and click on it.
Having done this, follow the rest instructions on your screen to successfully activate your card.
How to Activate Chase Debit Card Without PIN
You need to provide a PIN to activate your new Chase Debit Card. If you can’t find your card PIN, contact Chase Bank customer service and follow the instructions provided by the automated system. You will be able to get a PIN for your card and successfully activate it.
Chase Debit Card Application
With the Chase Debit card, you can make purchases conveniently. Also, there are no overdraft fees attached to the card. You can also send and receive money without being charged a fee.
There are no charges when you pay bills with this card. During the card application process, you will be required to provide a Government Issued photo ID or driver’s license, SSN, Passport, Bank statement, and other important details. To learn how to apply for the card, read on.
How to Apply for Chase Debit Card
To apply for the card online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Chase Debit Card application page with the URL chase.com/personal/banking/education/basics/how-to-get-a-debit-card
- Go through the card details on the page and take note of the documents you will be required to submit.
- Scroll down the page and click on “Get a debit card”.
- Choose the Account Type you want to open i.e., Chase Secure Banking account.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to set up your account.
Once your Chase banking account has been approved, request a debit card. The card will be mailed to you within 7 to 10 business days.
Chase Debit Card Sign Up
After activating your new Chase card, you can register on the Chase online banking platform. This account gives you access to manage your card at any time.
You can pay bills, make transactions, review your card statements, and lots more with your account. The next section of this article will guide you on how to sign up for an account.
How to Sign up for a Chase Debit Card Account
To sign up for a Chase Debit card account, do the following:
- Go to chase.com/personal/banking/education/basics/how-to-get-a-debit-card
- Click on “Sign in” at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on the “Not Enrolled? Sign Up Now” link on the page.
- You will be redirected to a signup form. Fill out your “Card Number”, and “Social Security Number”, and create a Username for your account.
- Click on “Next”.
Follow all other prompts on your screen to complete the signup process.
Chase Debit Card Login
After registering your Chase card for online access, you can log in to your account at any time to pay bills, review your card statement, view your transaction history, and lots more. Don’t know how to log in to your account? Read on to learn how.
How to Login to your Chase Debit Card Account
To access your card account online, follow the steps below:
- Connect your device to the internet.
- Visit the card page with the URL chase.com/personal/banking/education/basics/how-to-get-a-debit-card
- Click on “Sign In” at the top of the screen. You will be redirected to the sign-in page.
- Type in “Username” and “Password” in the required fields.
- Click on “Sign In” at the bottom of the form.
If you follow the steps above, you will have no issues logging in to your account.
How Reset Forgotten Chase Debit Card Login Password
To reset your forgotten login password, do the following:
- Go to chase.com/personal/banking/education/basics/how-to-get-a-debit-card
- Navigate to “Sign In” at the top of the page and click on it.
- Click on the “Forgot Username/password?” link on the page.
- Provide your “SSN” or “Tax ID” in the space given.
- Enter your “Card Number” also and click on “Next”.
Follow the rest prompts on the screen to reset your account login password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Change My Chase Debit Card PIN Online?
No, you can’t change your Chase card PIN online. If you want to reset your PIN, contact Chase customer service to get a replacement mail with a new PIN. Alternatively, you can visit any of the Chase Bank branches closest to you to reset your PIN.
How Do I know if My Chase Debit Card is Activated?
If you receive a new Chase card after application, it means it has not been activated yet. You need to activate your card to verify that you have received it. You can activate your card online, over the phone, or with the Chase mobile app.
Do I Need to Activate My New Chase Debit Card Before I Can Use It?
If you don’t activate your new Chase debit card, you cannot use the card to make purchases. Also, you won’t be able to manage your card account online. With this, you must activate the card online or over the phone.
What Number do I Call to Activate my Chase Card?
To activate your Chase card over the phone, call the number on the back of the card. This is the Chase customer service phone number. If you can’t find this number, check the mail sent with your card.
- How to Make Use of Hot Corners on a Mac
- How to Connect a MacBook to a TV
- What to do if Insurance Denies Claim – Is Insurance Claim Money Taxable?
- Malwarebytes Student Discount Login @ malwarebytes.com/student-discount
- survey.whitecastle.com/ – White Castle Survey Rewards
- Platinum Capital One Credit Card Activation @ Platinum.capitalone.com/activate