The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is extending a warm welcome to medical applicants interested in the AACR Research Fellowships in the USA. Applications are open for the 2024 edition. This unique opportunity provides a platform for early-career clinical scientists with medical degrees (MD, DO, or MD/PhD) to gain valuable work exposure and enrich their knowledge.
The fellowship is supported by key players in the medical and pharmaceutical industry, such as AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson, offering opportunities for specialization in clinical hematology, oncology research, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
AACR Research Fellowship Opportunities
The AACR Research Fellowships offer two distinct avenues for aspiring medical professionals:
AstraZeneca Oncology Research Training Fellowships
This fellowship is a gateway to delve into the realms of clinical hematology and oncology research. Fellows will receive exposure to cutting-edge medical approaches and techniques, contributing to their familiarity with advanced medical equipment. Aspiring medical researchers will gain an in-depth understanding of the medical field and acquire hands-on experience in drug development, clinical research, data analysis, and clinical trial design.
AACR-Johnson & Johnson Clinical Oncology Research Training Fellowships for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Johnson & Johnson is offering an exceptional opportunity for early-stage clinical development in the fight against non-small cell lung cancer. This fellowship aims to equip fellows with the skills to tackle lung cancers in high-risk populations. As a fellow, you’ll have the privilege of flexible work hours while participating in early-stage clinical development efforts.
What to Expect
During your time as a fellow, you will be paired with an industry scientist or clinical team member, who will serve as your mentor. This mentorship will give you unparalleled exposure to the daily activities of the medical field, including engaging with key stakeholders, participating in project teams, and collaborating with academia.
The themes of discussion will range from drug development strategies to regulatory implementation, marketing, statistics, and clinical operations.
Benefits of the AACR Research Fellowships
- A generous grant of $100,000
- Exposure to advanced medical approaches in the USA
- Hands-on experience with advanced medical equipment
- In-depth knowledge of the medical field
- Real-life work experience in drug development, clinical research, data analysis, and clinical trial design
To qualify for the AACR Research Fellowships in the USA 2024, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Possess a medical degree in a related field
- Enrolled in an accredited oncology or hematology fellowship program within the US
- AACR membership
- Not employed by a U.S. entity, for-profit private sector, or US government laboratory
- Johnson & Johnson grant applicants should belong to underrepresented racial or ethnic groups or have disabilities
How to Apply for AACR Research Fellowships 2024?
The application process for the AACR Research Fellowships only takes a few minutes to be completed. Please follow the guide below:
- Send the application and supporting attachments to [email protected] with the subject “Applicant name-AACR CORE Training Fellowship Application Submission.”
- Carefully fill out the required fields in the application form.
- Include all necessary supporting documents, such as your CV, biographical sketch of an academic mentor, letters of recommendation, copy of visa, and passport.
- Official link: https://www.aacr.org/grants/aacr-clinical-oncology-research-core-training-fellowships
The application deadline is August 31, 2023.