The One Young World organization is dedicated to recognizing and empowering influential young leaders from all corners of the globe. Its mission is to promote and showcase the impactful work done by these young catalysts in driving developmental progress.
Youth United in Action 2023
Through various scholarship programs, One Young World provides funding opportunities for these aspiring leaders to attend the Annual Summit and become part of the esteemed global community of One Young World Ambassadors.
One Young World serves as a platform for young leaders to collaborate, learn, and contribute to positive change. Its primary objectives include:
- Identifying influential young leaders worldwide
- Promoting the work and achievements of these young leaders
- Connecting young leaders to a global community of like-minded individuals
- Facilitating social impact through collective efforts
Details About Youth United in Action Award 2023
As part of the One Young World National Awards, the 2023 Jóvenes Unidos en Acción National Award will recognize exceptional young leaders from each of Ecuador’s 24 provinces. This prestigious award acknowledges individuals who demonstrate ethical leadership skills and create a positive impact in specific areas:
- Mental Health: Projects focusing on the promotion, awareness, and destigmatization of mental health, improving access to mental health services for disadvantaged communities, and promoting good mental health practices in daily life.
- Climate Change: Initiatives combatting climate change and its effects, such as ocean and Amazon preservation, education, technological innovation, sustainability, clean energy, and the conservation of flora and fauna.
- Defense of Women: Projects aimed at preventing violence against women, supporting vulnerable women, and empowering them to thrive in society.
- Migration: Initiatives supporting migrants in vulnerable situations, facilitating social integration, preventing human trafficking, and discouraging illegal migration processes.
Award Categories and Criteria
Projects focusing on mental health-related initiatives are eligible for consideration under this category. The criteria for evaluation include:
- Promotion, awareness, and destigmatization of mental health
- Improved access to mental health services for disadvantaged communities
- Advocacy for good mental health practices in daily life
Projects addressing climate change and its effects fall under this category. The evaluation criteria include:
- Efforts to combat climate change through education and awareness
- Technological innovation for sustainable solutions
- Conservation and preservation of oceans, the Amazon, and biodiversity
Projects promoting the defense of women and preventing violence against them are considered for this category. The evaluation criteria include:
- Strategies for preventing violence against women
- Support and empowerment of women in vulnerable situations
- Initiatives to enhance gender equality and inclusivity
Projects related to migration and its challenges are eligible under this category. The evaluation criteria include:
- Support for migrants in vulnerable situations and their social integration
- Prevention of human trafficking
- Discouragement of illegal migration processes
- Encouraging Diversity and Inclusion
Benefits of the Youth United in Action Award
The recipients of the Youth United in Action Award will enjoy the following benefits:
- Participate in the One Young World Summit in Belfast, Ireland 2023.
- Lifetime membership in the One Young World community
- Private room accommodation between October 2 and 5, 2023, during the Summit
- Additional hotel accommodation for one night for the visa application process, if necessary
- One extra night’s stay on October 1, prior to the Summit
- Economy class flights to and from Belfast
- Visa fees, if applicable, including costs associated with the visa appointment
- Provided meals, including breakfast at the accommodation hotel and lunch/dinner at the Summit
- Transportation between the Summit accommodation and venue
- Daily spending allowance of £20 for 7 days
- Travel insurance (October 2 and 5, 2023)
- Access to post-Summit development opportunities
To be eligible for the Youth United in Action Award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Age between 18 and 35 years
- Ecuadorian nationality and residency in Ecuador
- Engaged in work or leading an initiative related to mental health, climate change, defense of women, or migration
- Demonstrated commitment to driving positive change
- Proven leadership abilities
If you meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in applying for the Youth United in Action Award, follow these steps:
- Visit the official One Young World website at oneyoungworld.com.
- Navigate to the application page.
- Fill out the application form appropriately
- Submit the application before July 20, 2023.
- For more information, visit One Young World at: https://www.oneyoungworld.com/juventud-unidos-en-accion-2023
The One Young World Youth United in Action Award provides a unique opportunity for young leaders in Ecuador to showcase their initiatives and be recognized on a global platform. Through this award, One Young World aims to empower and support these leaders, fostering a network of changemakers committed to creating a better world.