You can now apply for a refund from the settlement of the Epic Games Fortnite FTC case. That said, in this news article regarding the topic, I will be sharing important pieces of information regarding where you can get your settlement.
Epic Games Fortnite FTC Case
You can now apply to get a refund from the maker of Fortnite, Epic Games’ $245 million settlement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC in question and if you can remember alleged that Fortnite players purchased in-game goods on accident simply because of design tricks, and the two parties in question then agreed to the settlement, which was reportedly announced as part of a wider $520 million settlement back in December.
How to Apply For a Refund
You can now visit www.ftc.gov/Fortnite in a bid to apply for a refund and learn more information. The FTC reveals that you can apply if any of the following is true:
- You were charged in-game currency for items you didn’t want between January 2017 and September 2022
- Your child made charges to your credit card without your knowledge between January 2017 and November 2018
- Your account was locked between January 2017 and September 2022 after you complained to your credit card company about wrongful charges
Users Requirements to Cash in On Your Settlement
You however have to be 18 years or older in a bid to complete the refund form; otherwise, the FTC has warned that a parent must complete it for you instead. If it is that you are eligible, you will need to enter a claim number that will be sent to you by the FTC or your Epic Account ID.
Application Deadline for Refund
The deadline in question to apply for a refund is January 17th, 2024. The amount of the refunds for those that don’t know will largely “depend on several factors, including how many people file a claim,” and FTC has revealed that it doesn’t have a mailing date for payments just yet.
MORE RELATED POSTS
- How to Request a Refund on Amazon
- How Long does Amazon take to Refund a Cancelled Order
- FTC Opens Antitrust Investigation on Meta’s Purchase of VR Fitness App Supernatural
- Zoom Agrees to Implement More Security for Video Calls – Zoom Security Issues 2020 – Zoom Security Issues
- A Simple Trick to Get Your IRS Tax Refund fast this Year – When Will I Get My Tax Refund 2022