The World Trade Organization (WTO) Internships Application 2022/2023 intake is now open for Postgraduate Students. The application form is now available and registration for new students is ongoing.
Apply now for the WTO Internship via the online application webpage, before the portal closes. Everything you need to know about the World Trade Organization WTO Internships for Postgraduates Students, Geneva, Switzerland, is contained in this post, including the application process, and criteria for a successful registration.
It is important to note that WTO Internship selections are based on merit, thins like eligibility criteria, academic qualifications and expertise will be considered.
About WTO Internship Program 2022/2023 For PhD Students
The World trade Organization (WTO) has about three internship programs if offers, they include:
- WTO Internship for Postgraduate students from all WTO members and countries or customs territories engaged in accession negotiations
- China LDC and Accessions Program other wise called the China WTO Accession Internship Program
- WTO Support Programme for Doctoral Studies. Now, the second and third bulleted points are reserved for post-graduate students from developing countries and least developed countries (LDCs).
The WTO Internship Program is designed to increase the diversity of the World trade Organization. WTO Internship provides an opportunity for post-graduate students from WTO member and observer countries to gain valuable experience from working at the WTO.
About World Trade Organization (WTO)
World Trade Organization (WTO) is a global international organization, It deals with the rules lof trade between nations.
The organization has to it, certain agreements, and negotiations which are signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their various parliaments. The aim is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.
The WTO plays several roles ranging from: operating as a global system of trade rules, to acting as a forum for negotiating trade agreements, settling trade disputes between its members and also supporting the needs of developing countries.
Summary of WTO Internship program 2022/2023
- Programme Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Course to study: Not specified
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
WTO Internship Aim and Benefits
- Under the PhD Internship Program, interns will be offered a daily allowance of CHF 60 plus weekends and official holidays falling within the selected period).
- Additionally, travel expenses; economy class air fare) to and from Geneva is covered by the World Trade Organization.
- With the compulsory Medical health insurance coverage in Switzerland, interns are responsible for organizing their own health insurance prior to commencing their internship at the WTO.
Eligibility Criteria for WTO Internship Program
- Applicants must be a national of a WTO member state or a country or customs territory engaged in accession negotiations
- Must be a national of a least-developed country (LDC) or a developing country
- The applicant must undertake a PhD or equivalent in economics, law, international relations or in a closely related WTO discipline
- He/She must be in the final stage of his/her PhD and therefore at the writing-up stage (75% minimum completion) of the thesis
- The applicant must be working in one of the three official languages of the WTO, i.e. English, French and Spanish.
How to Apply for WTO Internship Program 2022
- Interested Candidates who wish to be part of the WTO Internship Program for Doctoral Studies are invited to fill out the application form and then submit the required documents at: https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/vacan_e/doctoralstudies_conditions2022.pdf
- You can visit WTO website at: https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/vacan_e/iypp_e.htm#China_s for more details.