Are you a market systems practitioner, consultant, or student interested in expanding your knowledge and experience? The Market Systems Symposium is excited to introduce the MSS2023 Scholarship Program, offering a remarkable opportunity to attend the 6th annual Market Systems Symposium. This program aims to support individuals who are dedicated to advancing market systems and inclusive development.
The Market Systems Symposium – MSS2023
The Market Systems Symposium stands as a dynamic platform, bringing together market systems practitioners, consultants, and students to engage in insightful discussions and knowledge-sharing. The symposium is divided into two formats: an in-person event and an online component. The in-person symposium, scheduled from November 14th to 16th, 2023, will take place in Cape Town, South Africa.
Participants can also opt for the online format, which offers select components accessible in English, French, or Spanish. The online symposium will span three days, with sessions approximately lasting three to four hours each day.
What’s Expected of MSS Scholarship Holders?
- Individuals awarded the MSS2023 Scholarship will be expected to actively participate in the symposium sessions.
- This engagement enables scholars to absorb invaluable insights, ideas, and strategies presented by industry experts and fellow attendees.
- Recipients will be required to complete a post-event survey, contributing their feedback and impressions about their symposium experience.
- Scholars will have the opportunity to pen a summary brief or blog detailing their key takeaways and learnings from the event, which may potentially be shared online.
About Vikara Institute
The Vikara Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to inclusive development and technical inquiry, plays a significant role in advancing resilient and sustainable systems. Focusing on areas such as markets, livelihoods, education, health, gender equality, and the environment, Vikara Institute’s work is centered around leveraging market forces to foster positive outcomes.
The institute’s involvement in food security and nutrition intersects with value chains and agricultural market systems, reflecting its systemic approach to addressing critical global challenges.
Benefits of the MSS2023 Scholarship Program
The scholarship program offers two options: an in-person scholarship and an online scholarship.
- The in-person scholarship covers full registration for MSS2023, economy airfare, accommodations, a stipend for meals, ground transfers to/from airports, and travel insurance. On the other hand;
- The online scholarship provides access to select symposium components, with options to engage in English, French, or Spanish.
- Both scholarships offer unique avenues to benefit from the symposium’s insights and networking opportunities.
The MSS2023 Scholarship is tailored for local development consultants, staff members of local development organizations, local consulting firms, and students passionate about inclusive development.
However, individuals directly employed by international development organizations are not eligible for this scholarship opportunity. This ensures that the scholarship benefits those who can bring about positive change within their local contexts.
The application process for MSS2023 Scholarship program is easy:
- Interested and eligible Candidates should Visit the Vikara Institute website at vikarainstitute.org
- From the website, navigate to the application form.
- Complete the form, ensuring that you meet the necessary qualifications and provide accurate information.
- Should you have any questions or require further assistance, feel free to reach out to [email protected].
The application deadline is August 31st, 2023.
Can international development organization employees apply for the MSS2023 Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is exclusively open to local development consultants, local development organization staff, consulting firms, and students.
What languages are available for the online symposium format?
The online symposium components are accessible in English, French, and Spanish.
What’s the purpose of the post-event summary brief or blog?
Scholars are encouraged to share their learnings and experiences from the symposium, contributing to a broader knowledge-sharing community.
Can I apply for both the in-person and online scholarships?
No, you’ll need to choose between the in-person and online scholarship options when applying.
What’s the timeframe for the online symposium sessions?
The online symposium will run for three days, with sessions lasting approximately three to four hours each day.