Applications are now open for the 2024-25 edition of the USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholarships Program. This is your golden opportunity if you’re an aspiring African student looking for a chance to pursue an undergraduate degree.
The United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa), has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation to offer this fully funded scholarship for suitably qualified Africans through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to apply for this incredible opportunity.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa), is designed to provide full-cost scholarships to young African students who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
This scholars program aims to empower talented youth from Africa who face financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints, thereby giving them access to world-class university education.
More specifically, this scholarship targets African youth who are either, Young Women, Refugees/displaced Youth, Persons with Disability and Young Men with the following qualities;
- Academic talent
- Commitment to giving back to their communities
- Leadership potential
Requirements for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
The following requirements must be met for Prospective Candidates to be considered for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa:
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be 29 years old or below at the time of application.
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants must meet the minimum university entry grade of a C+ or above, as set by the Kenya Commission for University Education.
- Candidates who demonstrate interest in courses related to Pharmacy and Health Sciences must have a mean grade of B- in addition to a minimum of a C+ or B- in English, Mathematics, Biology, and Chemistry.
- Choice of Programs: Applicants should be interested in any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs offered under the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa. These programs cut across various fields, including Science and Technology, Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Communication, Business, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Leadership and Community Engagement: Successful candidates should have a proven record of leadership involvement and community engagement, demonstrating their commitment to giving back to their communities.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate socio-economic disadvantage.
If you meet the conditions specified above for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa, below is how you can apply:
- Download the Application Form from the USIU-Africa website at https://www.usiu.ac.ke/2683/call-for-applications-mastercard-foundation-scholars-program-usiu-africa-september-fall-2024-intake
- Alternatively, you can pick up the forms free of charge from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Extension, 2nd floor.
- It’s Important that you read the instructions carefully before filling in the application form
- Submit the supporting documents required by email. Ensure that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all necessary documents are in PDF format.
- When submitting your application through an email address stated on the USIU-Africa website, clearly name it with your name and nationality as the email subject. Alternatively, you can drop off your application at the Scholars Program Office or post it to the provided address.
Note: Sending multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification, so make sure to send only one complete application. Additionally, avoid any form of canvassing, as it will also result in disqualification.
The application deadline for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa is November 24, 2023.
More Related Content
- USIU-Africa Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Apply Now!
- USIU Africa Scholarship Program 2022/2023 For Young Africans | Apply Now
- Prepaid MasterCard PayPal Login – Login to PayPal MasterCard | Prepaid MasterCard PayPal
- Business Prepaid Card by MasterCard
- Commercial MasterCard – Different Types of Commercial MasterCard you Need