Have you ever thought about using apple pay? If you haven’t thought about it, then you should. Apple pay just like most and every other contactless payment app, is the future. Firstly it was cashless to debit and credit cards.
And now the contactless system of payment has been introduced to replace these credit and debit cards and it feels alright. Continue reading to get to know what this is all about and how to make use of it.
Using Apple Pay
Using apple pay simply makes things easier. You can now pay in stores, within apps, restaurants, on the web, ride transit and so much more. There are various contactless payment apps out there, but this one is one of the very best. This contactless payment app is developed by apple and you will need an Apple device or product in order to make use of it.
What You Need To Start Making Use of Apple Pay
For you to be able to make use of apple pay, you don’t really need much. Although you will need to be in a region with access to this payment system. As of this writing, this payment system is not yet available to users in Africa.
You also need a compatible device to go with it. The devices compatible are the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac. These devices must be the latest version of iOS, WatchOS, or macOS. Lastly, you will an Apple ID signed in to iCloud.
Set Up Apple Pay on Your Device
To set up apple pay on a compatible device, follow the steps below;
- Go to your wallet and tap on the + sign.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a card and tap on next.
- Your information may have to be reviewed by your bank before you can be able to make use of apple pay.
- After your card has been reviewed and verified, tap on next. That’s all.
- On your iPad, go to settings.
- Tap on wallet and apple pay.
- Add a card by following the prompts and tap on next.
- Your bank or card issuer will have to review and verify your card.
- After your card has been verified, tap on next. That’s it.
That’s all about setting it up on your iOS devices.
Steps in Using Apple Pay
This is an app that can be used in making payments in stores, on the web, within apps and so much more. To use it to pay in stores,
Pay With iPhone With Face ID
- To make use of the default card, double-click on the side button.
- Glance at your phone for Face ID authentication. You can opt to enter your passcode instead.
- Hold your phone a few centimeters away from the contactless reader. You will see Done and a checkmark on your device display. This shows that payment is successful.
Pay With Touch ID
- Using your default cad, you will have to rest your finger on the Touch ID.
- Now, hold your phone a couple of centimeters from the contactless reader until you see a checkmark and done on the display.
Pay With Apple Watch
- Double-click on the side button.
- Hold the display of your watch some distance away from the contactless reader.
- Wait until you feel a gentle tap on your skin. That’s it.
That’s all about using this payment app. Note you can still make use of it to pay for in-app purchases and on the web. For you to be able to make use of it in payments the said platform must convey the apple pay logo.