Application is ongoing at the University of Technology Sydney for the Australian Government Research Training Program for Master’s & Ph.D. Students. The Australian Government Research Training Program 2022 is for International Students all around the world Funded by the Australian Government Scholarships. Usually, the duration of this Scholarship is 2 Years for master’s & 3 years for Ph.D. Degree Programs.
The University of Technology Sydney follows a world-class approach to education, with innovation at its core. The courses offered at the University of Technology Sydney are closely aligned with industry needs, so what students learn will prepare them for their future careers.
As a young university, UTS is already making a name for itself, as the university is Australia’s top young university, and ranked 133 globally in the QS World University Rankings 2022.
University of Technology Sydney
University of Technology Sydney(UTS) is a prestigious Government research university located in Sydney, Australia. Meanwhile, the Australian Government Research Training Program is Funded by the Commonwealth Government Department of Education and Training, the Training Program’s funds are open to highly ranked research students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and research potential.
Australian Government Research Training Program is valued at the above rate per annum and is provided to assist with general living costs. The following student’s expenses are also covered by the program: international tuition fee offset, a living stipend, and Overseas Health Care cover.
Summary of The University of Technology Sydney Research Training Program
- Institution: University of Technology Sydney
- Country: Australia
- Study program: Masters & PhD
- Application Deadline: 30 April 2022
- Study fields available:
- Analytics and Data Science
- Design, Architecture, and Building
- Health (GEM)
- Information Technology
- International Studies
- Science and Mathematics
- Transdisciplinary Innovation
Requirements for The Research Training Program
Students who are looking to study in Sydney via the Australian Research Training Program must ensure that they are eligible to apply, to be eligible for program stipend, a student must:
- The student must currently be undertaking a higher degree by research (HDR) at the University of Technology Sydney in the year of the Research Training Program Stipend
- Applicant must not be seen to be enrolled in an equivalent award, having a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Additional Income earned from platforms unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
- It is mandatory for applicants to submit their completed application, including all required supporting documentation, by the relevant application deadline. It is important to note that Incomplete and late applications will not be considered; the last date to apply for the University of Technology Sydney Scholarships is 30 April 2022
How to Apply For University of Technology Sydney Research Training Program
- First, you need to fill out an Online Application Form to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program.
- After filling out the application form, you then find a supervisor: https://www.uts.edu.au/research-and-teaching/graduate-research/future-research-students/application-essentials/find-a-supervisor in your area of research interest, you will need to contact them to discuss your prospective research project.
After which you write down a well-written research proposal: https://www.uts.edu.au/research-and-teaching/graduate-research/future-research-students/application-essentials/write-research-proposal You must understand that your research proposal is a key part of your application for a research degree.
- Once you’ve gotten an acceptance from a Supervisor and also carried out the above subsequent steps, the next step is to apply online and wait for the result.
The Selection Process For The Research Training Program
Basically, the selection process involves a few steps, Applicants or Students who meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above will have their application assessed on a competitive basis using a scoring system based on the following;
- The Academic merit of the applicant
- The applicant’s research and other relevant experience
- The publications record of the applicant and
- The importance or relevance of the proposed research to the University’s research strengths.
You can visit the official webpage at: https://www.uts.edu.au/scholarship/australian-government-research-training-program-stipend to get detailed information about the University Of Technology Sydney Research Training Program.