University of Medical Sciences NextGenS Scholarship 2022/2023 For Undergraduates Applications are ongoing (UNIMED). This is a special Scholarship Scheme created to support the development of the next generation of innovation-minded youth scientists.
The University of Medical Science (UNIMED) NextGenS Scholarship is a 3-year initiative that can be reviewed, the Scholarship will cover admission exercises to be conducted for 2022/23, 2023/24, and 2024/25 academic years.
Additionally, the program is 4- year tenable for undergraduates and 2-year tenable for Post Graduate students.
Details of UNIMED NextGenS Scholarship Scheme
- Type of program: Undergraduate
- Institution: University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
- Country: Nigeria
- State of Origin: Ondo
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: Not Specified
About University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
The University of Medical Sciences(UNIMED) has a mission to provide integrated education and research of exceptional quality in all health-related sciences; to expand access to compassionate, comprehensive, and high-quality healthcare, and to lead the scientific pathway for reducing the burden of disease in society.
While it’s vision is to be a thriving medical and health sciences University, locally, nationally, and internationally recognized for excellence and innovation in health education and research.
Also Read: How to Make a Playlist on TikTok
Benefits of UNIMED NextGenS Scholarship Scheme
- Students who successfully secure admission to UNIMED in the 2022/2023 session for the following courses; Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Animal & Environmental Biology, Plant Biology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science, and Food Science will receive a 45% fee discounts that are, school fees of N100,000 per academic year.
- NextGenS Scholarships are available until graduation for students with a minimum grade of the second class or lower.
- Students from the following fields; Medical Physics, Environmental Physics, Medicinal Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Health Statistics, and Mathematical Biology, having a first or second-class upper are eligible for a 50% tuition discount.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are advised to read through the requirements below before applying.
- To apply, Visit the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) on unimed.edu.ng
- Once the site opens, follow the steps below:
- Click the Admission icon
- Access the Post-UTME Portal by clicking on the Post-UTME icon
- Once the portal opens, Click on PAYMENT to make payment via the online payment system using DEBIT Cards;
- After making the payment, Print Payment Receipt
- Then On the Post-UTME Portal, Click on Application Login to Login with your UTME Registration Number and Payment Transaction ID as Password to complete the screening form.
Also Read: Term Vs Permanent Life Insurance
Criteria for UNIMED NextGenS Scholarship Scheme Qualification
- To Participate in Post UTME Screening, the Candidates Must make the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo their first and second choices in the 2022 UTME and score 160 and above. are eligible for the, In addition, candidates who did not choose the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo, and are willing to change to the University are also eligible for the screening.
- The ideal Candidates must have 5 credits in relevant O/Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics for the MBBS/BDS programme.
- All Direct entry applicants who have already applied to JAMB with a minimum of 10 points in relevant ‘A’ level subjects or a B.Sc. in the Basic Medical or Biological Sciences with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) can apply for Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry Courses.
Documents Required for Application
- Candidates must not fail to present themselves for the Admission Screening Exercise, failure to do such applicant will NOT be considered for admission.
- The following items should be carried to the screening venue:
- The JAMB UTME Notification of Results or Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
- A hard copy of the completed 2021/2022 Admission Screening slip.