Applications are now open for the 2023-2024 session of the University Of Guelph Entrance Undergraduate Scholarships Program in Canada. The Entrance scholarship is designed for eligible international students looking to undertake an undergraduate-level program at the University of Guelph.
Are you one such student? Here’s a golden opportunity to study at one of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities (University of Guelph).
The aim of this program is to provide financial support to qualified international students who wish to enroll in an undergraduate program at the University of Guelph but are faced with financial constraints.
University Of Guelph Entrance Undergraduate Scholarships Details
The University Of Guelph Entrance Scholarship offers an impressive financial incentive. All successful applicants for the entrance scholarships will receive a generous scholarship worth $4,000 per year. Now, here is the best part; This scholarship is renewable for up to three years, as long as students maintain a minimum academic average of 80%.
Amazing right? It simply means that you could potentially receive a total of $12,000 over your undergraduate journey. Let’s discuss more on the scholarship renewal.
Entrance Undergraduate Scholarships – Renewal and Eligibility
To continue benefiting from this scholarship, students must remain registered in full-time studies and maintain that impressive 80% average in their previous academic year of full-time study. If, for any reason, a student falls short of this benchmark, there’s still hope.
They can re-qualify by subsequently obtaining an 80% or better average. This policy has been established to ensure that students have a chance to redeem their scholarship if their performance temporarily falters.
Students who are fortunate enough to secure the entrance scholarship at the University Of Guelph will receive $4,000 in each of their second, third, and fourth years of study.
The University Of Guelph Entrance Undergraduate Scholarships are available for international students. However, the following criteria would determine eligibility:
- Outstanding Academic Record
- The student must be paying the international student tuition and fee rates at the University
- Preference will be given to students from countries eligible to receive official development assistance as defined by OECD among those categorized as the world’s least developed countries and;
- Students from low-income countries (as defined by OECD).
How to Apply
To apply for the University Of Guelph Entrance Undergraduate Scholarships and other scholarship programs at the University:
- You need to first submit an application for admission to the University of Guelph.
- While applying for admission, make sure you submit the full details required
- All required documents are received as requested by Admission Services, University of Guelph.
- Visit the university’s official website below for more details https://admission.uoguelph.ca/international/funding-your-education/
Other scholarships at the University of Guelph
- Quinn Family Memorial Scholarship
- Hardy International Student Scholarship
Can I re-qualify for the scholarship if I don’t meet the academic requirements in a given year?
Yes, students who fail to qualify for a continuing payment may re-qualify by subsequently obtaining an 80% or better average in the previous academic year of full-time study.
Is a separate application required for the Quinn Family Memorial Scholarship?
No, there is no separate application required for the Quinn Family Memorial Scholarship. Recipients are selected based on academic performance through an assessment of the admission application package.