The University of Essex, situated on one of the longest coastlines in England, is inviting eligible African Students for its Africa Undergraduate Scholarship program for the 2024-2025 academic year. This scholarship is a demonstration of the University’s commitment to breaking financial barriers for prospective International students who wish to pursue a higher education abroad.
The University of Essex is committed to academic excellence which is evident in its motto; “Thought the harder, heart the keener,” inspired by the Anglo-Saxon poem, The Battle of Maldon.
Africa Undergraduate Scholarship Details
The University of Essex is offering a golden opportunity for self-funded undergraduate studies through the Africa Undergraduate Scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025.
International students from African Union member states are encouraged to apply for an opportunity to study in a world-class Institution.
Benefits of University of Essex Undergraduate Scholarships
The African Undergraduates Scholarship offers a substantial £4,000 discount on the first year’s tuition fee, lightening the financial burden for eligible African students pursuing an undergraduate program at the University.
Eligibility Criteria for University of Essex African Undergraduate Scholarships
The qualifications criteria include:
- Applicants must be ordinarily resident in a member country of the African Union.
- Register for the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of Essex in October 2024-25.
- The scholarship is limited to students who are overseas fee payers and self-funded.
- To qualify, applicants must have been ordinarily resident in an African Union nation for the three years preceding their course commencement. The assessment is meticulous, considering temporary absences during this period.
Students Who Are Not Eligible
The following students are considered not eligible for the University of Essex Africa Undergraduate Scholarship program:
- Students currently enrolled for eligible course programs at East 15 Acting School
- Students who are progressing from the University of Essex International College (UEIC) Pathway.
- The program is not applicable to degrees delivered wholly online.
Additional Ineligibility Criteria
- Students not ordinarily resident in an African Union member country are ineligible.
- The African Undergraduates Scholarship at the University of Essex does not apply to deferred entry.
- Ineligible for students transferring into the second and third year from another institution.
- Fully or partly sponsored students are not eligible.
- Assessment excludes students assessed as Home fee payers.
- UCAS applicants must select Essex as their firm choice by 12 July 2024.
- Accept the offer by 12 July 2024.
- The award cannot be combined with other University of Essex scholarships.
- All the successfully selected applicants are expected to be available for promotional activities.
How to Apply
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will automatically be considered for the University of Essex Africa Undergraduate Scholarship 2024-2025, as there are no application forms required.
It’s important to note that the University of Essex evaluates based on the student’s country of domicile and fee status submitted with their application.
For more details about this program, please visit the University of Essex website at: http://www.essex.ac.uk/scholarships/africa-regional-scholarship
More Related Content
- University of Essex Africa Scholarship 2022/2023 – Master’s Degree For African Students In UK
- Court Blocks Shell’s Oil Exploration in South Africa
- Facebook Dating England: Facebook Dating App | Facebook Dating Review
- University of New England Scholarship 2022 in Australia | Apply Now
- 5 Tips on How to Shop for a Good Car Insurance