Applications are now open until 22 December 2023, for the UN Regional Course in Latin America and the Caribbean 2024. The Regional Course program is a golden opportunity to deepen your legal expertise and connect with professionals across the globe. The course is set to take place in Santiago in 2024. If you’re a legal enthusiast, this golden opportunity is for you.
The United Nations (UN) Regional Course in International Law is put together by the Codification Division of the UN Office of Legal Affairs, in collaboration with the Government of Chile and the UN Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean otherwise referred to as ECLAC.
This global course promises an exploration of international law and the intricacies of the United Nations’ legal endeavors.
UN Regional Course Program Overview
The United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Latin America and the Caribbean is conducted in English. The course is a collaborative effort scheduled to be held from May 16 to June 7, 2024. Up to 25 Participants will be accommodated for this course.
Benefits for Participants
Candidates who are fortunate to secure this opportunity, are entitled to numerous benefits, including:
- Travel coverage
- Daily breakfast and lunch
- Medical insurance
- Essential training materials
- In addition to a modest stipend to cover other living expenses.
- For Self-Funded Participants, the course still provides valuable training materials. However, all other costs related to participation, such as travel and accommodation, are borne by the individuals.
Who Should Apply?
To be eligible for the UN Regional Course in International Law, candidates must possess the following:
- A legal background
- Professional experience in international law
- Fluency in English
- Commitment to attending the entire course duration
- Qualified professionals, especially government officials and international law educators from developing countries with emerging economies, are strongly encouraged to seize this golden opportunity.
- This opportunity extends to candidates from Member States of the Latin American and Caribbean Group to the United Nations.
- Participants in the UN Regional Course program will undergo a selection process that’s based on their qualifications and the relevance of the training to their professional duties.
- The United Nations emphasizes gender balance, Hence, female candidates are actively encouraged to apply.
- The application and selection process is entirely fee-free, with no request for information regarding candidates’ bank accounts.
The Regional Courses combine seminars on the following areas:
- Introduction to International Law.
- Treaty law.
- State responsibility.
- International peace and security.
- Peaceful settlement of international disputes.
- Diplomatic and consular law.
- International organizations.
- United Nations institutions and law-making.
- African Union law and institutions.
- Organization of American States law and institutions.
- International human rights law.
- Movements of persons.
- International humanitarian law.
- International criminal law.
- International environmental law.
- International watercourses.
- Law of the sea.
- International trade law.
- International investment law.
- Legal research.
- Legal drafting.
Get more details via this link: https://legal.un.org/poa/rcil/index.html
December 22, 2023.
- Climate Tracker Caribbean Journalism Awards 2023 (Up To USD$400 Prize) – APPLY NOW
- UN Volunteers 2022 Application – United Nations Global Opportunity
- Elon Musk Criticized After Space Complaint by China to UN
- Female-Led Pirates of the Caribbean Reportedly Dropped By Disney
- Deep Tech is Poised for Rapid Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean