Have you heard about the UK seasonal work VISA? If you have been looking for a good opportunity to get full information about this VISA, this is the right one.
This article will give you all the details you need to have about the UK seasonal work VISA, how to get it, how much it costs, and how long it takes to get it.
What is the UK Seasonal Work VISA?
This is indeed the best place to start our discussion. A seasonal worker visa is a visa that was designed to allow overseas nationals to come to the UK to work temporarily in a specific sector. Somehow, it performs the same function as the U.S nonimmigrant work VISA.
Now, who can get this type of visa?
Requirements To Get A UK Seasonal Work Visa
You can apply for a seasonal worker visa to come to the UK if you fulfil the following requirements.
- If you are coming to work in areas such as horticulture for 6 months. I.e., picking fruit and vegetables or flowers.
- If you want to partake in poultry from the 18th of October to 31 December that same year.
You can apply for the poultry seasonal workers visa by the 15th of November every year. Also, you can apply for horticulture seasonal worker visas at any time of the year.
Other Eligibility Requirements
Some other requirements are;
- You must be 18 by the time you apply for this VISA.
- You must have a certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor.
- Also, you must have enough money to support yourself in the UK. The threshold requirement for this is usually about £1,270.
- You need a sponsor
The seasonal worker visa has come to replace the Temporary worker visa T5.
How to Get a Work Visa in the UK
The application for this VISA can be done online.
As part of your application, you will have to prove your identity. The process with which this is done depends on where you are from and the type of passport that you have.
- You will have your fingerprints and photograph taken at the VISA application centre.
- Use the UK immigration ID check app to scan your identity document, you will also have to create a UK visa immigration account and sign in to the account.
- When you go to the application centre, you will be told exactly what to do.
- The centre may require you to keep your passport and documents while they process your application.
- You may also have to travel to get to your nearest application centre. This can also be another country.
After applying for your VISA, you can also pay to get a faster decision. This will depend on where you are applying from.
What If you Have a Child While You Are in the UK
If you have a child while in the UK, your child does not automatically become a British Citizen. You will have to apply online for their VISA as your dependent. You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with your child.
Also, you will have to provide a full UK birth certificate for each of your children showing the names of both of the parents.
How Long Does It Take to Get A UK Seasonal Work VISA
If you have all the documents needed for the Visa Application, you can apply for the Visa in 3 months’ time, before the day you will start working in the UK. Once you apply for the Visa online with all the required documents, you should get a decision on your Visa in 3 – 4 weeks.
How Much Will It Cost
Before you can apply for the Visa, you will need to pay an application fee. the application fee will cost you ₤259. Also, you will prove you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK. you will need a minimum of ₤1,270 to meet this requirement.
How Long You Can Stay
Once your visa application is approved, you can enter the UK 14 days before the start date of your job. With the Visa, you can stay in the UK for up to 6 months for Agriculture related jobs and you can stay from 18 October to 31 December for each year, if your job is poultry related.
What You Can and Cannot Do with the Seasonal VISA
When you are issued this visa, there are some things you can do and some things you cannot do. What you can do includes the following:
- You can work on the job described in your sponsorship certificate.
- You can study but need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme Certificate for some courses.
What you cannot do includes the following:
- You cannot apply for a permanent job when you get the visa.
- You are not allowed to bring a family member.
- You cannot work at a second job that is not described in your certificate of sponsorship.
Frequently Asked Question
Can I Migrate to the UK without a job Offer?
Before you can work in the UK as a migrant, you must have a job offer from an approved UK employer, which you will make use of to apply for a work visa.
What Proof of Funds do I Need to Apply for a UK Work Visa
In order to apply for a UK work visa, you will need proof that you have enough funds to support yourself in the UK. A bank statement can be good proof, or your employer can state that they can support you in your certificate of sponsorship.
Can UK Work Visa be Rejected?
Yes, a UK visa can be rejected if you don’t meet the requirements needed for the qualification.
Does UK Work Visa Need an Interview?
You may be interviewed by UKVI as part of your visa application. So, you will need to prepare for the interview to increase the chance of your visa approval.
CHECK THIS OUT: