Ever heard of Tetra Pak? If you have, then you must have heard about Tetra Pak Products too or if you have not, then this is the right post for you to learn more about the products offered Tetra Pak. Every day, across the world billions of liters of water, milk, juice, and other liquid foods are consumed. At Tetra Pak, they have developed a range of packages to protect both the nutritional value and the state of the products inside. Thanks to the company’s technology, the packaging and distribution of liquid and food products to the consumer have been greatly facilitated. Read on to learn more about Tetra Pak Products, packaging, and other relevant things to know.
Tetra Pak Products
Tetra Pak offers a couple of products for the benefit of human health and nutrition and I will be talking about them. But let’s have a better understanding of who or what Tetra Pak is. Tetra Pak is a multinational food packaging and processing company of Swedish origin. It has head offices or quarters in Lund, Sweden, and Lausanne, Switzerland. It offers packages, filling machines and processing for dairy, beverages, cheese, ice cream, and prepared food. Also, distributing tools such as accumulators, cap applicators, conveyors, crate packers, film wrappers, line controllers, and straw applicators. Tetra Pak is actually one of the three companies in the Tetra Laval Group. It is a private group that started in Sweden. The other two are DeLaval and Sidel.
What Is Tetra Pak
Tetra Pak as I said is a company that offers to package, filling machines, and process for dairy, beverages, cheese, ice cream, and also prepared food. It is currently the largest food packaging company in the world by sales, operating in more than 16o countries. And with over 24, 000 employees. Tetra Pak is privately owned by the family of Gad Rausingthrough the Swiss-based holding company, Tetra Laval. It was created as a subsidiary to Akerlund & Rausing in the year 1951. Which is a food carton company.
Tetra Pak Operations
The company operates globally through 40 market companies, which are subsidiaries to Tetra Pak International SA, doing business in over 170 countries. Due to the low relative cost of its end products, the developing world has been an important market for Tetra Pak from the very start. In the 2010 -2011 annual report, the company announced particularly strong growth in China, SoutheastAsia, Eastern Europe, and Central and South Africa.
Rising income levels in these markets enabled higher consumption of protein-rich foodstuffs such as dairy products. In 2011, May, Tetra Pak launched the first aseptic carton bottle for milk, the Tetra Evero Aseptic. Which is actually of the products that are offered by the company.
Products By Tetra Pak
Tetra Pak uses aseptic packaging technology. In aseptic processing, products and package are sterilized separately. After that, it will be combined and sealed in a sterile atmosphere. In contrast to canning, where the product and package are first combined and then sterilized. When filled with ultra heat-treated foodstuffs the packages can be preserved without being chilled for up to one year. With the result that distribution and storage costs, as well as environmental impact, is greatly reduced and product shelf life expanded.
- Tetra Classic is the name of the first, tetrahedral package launched by Tetra Pak. And it was done in 1952 with an aseptic version that was released in 1961and still in use. It is mainly for portion-sized cream packages and children’s juices.
- The Tetra Brik created with a rectangular cuboid. It was launched in 1963 after a long development process. An aseptic version, Tetra BrikAseptic was launched in 1969.
- The pillow-shaped Tetra Fino Aseptic was introduced in1997. The package was launched aiming to provide low cost and simplicity
- Tetra Gemina Aseptic was introduced in2007as the wold’s first rolled gable top package with full aseptic performance.
- The Tetra Prisma Aseptic was launched in 1996. It has the shape of an octagon with the aim of providing a more ergonomic experience.
- The Tetra Rex is a cuboid-shaped package with a tabletop.
- Tetra Recart was launched in 2003. It has a package shape of a rectangular cuboid that is meant to provide an alternative to previously scanned foodstuffs such as vegs and pet food.
- Tetra Top was launched in 1986 as a reclosable, rounded cuboid package with the aplastic upper part, including opening and closure elements.
- Wedge Aseptic is also a package by Tetra Pak and was developed to keep packaging material to a minimum while retaining a square surface underneath. This package was launched in1997.
- Tetra Evero Aseptic is the latest of the packages offered by the company. It was launchedin2011andmarketed as the world’s first aseptic carton bottle for ambient milk.
Check This: Clearlink – Clearlinks Careers And Services
Tetra Pak Processing And Distribution
The original idea of Tetra packages was to provide hygienic prepackaging for liquid foodstuffs. The company is now providing a range of different packaging and processing products and services due to its acquisition of Alfa Laval in1991. It is consequently supplying complete systems of processing, packaging, and distribution within the field as various as ice cream, cheese, fruit, and vegetables, and pet food. In addition to the packaging options or products, Tetra Pak thus provides integrated processing and distribution lines for different kinds of food manufacturing, including packaging machines and carton paper. And equally providing distribution equipment like conveyors, tray packers, film wrappers, crates, straws, and roll containers.
Tetra Pak Recycling
Since aseptic packages contain different layers of plastic and aluminum in addition to raw paper, they cannot be recycled abnormal paper waste. But need to go to special recycling units for the separation of different materials. The company has operated limited recycling since the mid-1980s, introducing a recycling program for its containers in Canada as early as 1990. The used packages of the company have been recycled as construction material in design projects with varying results.