Before applying for a tax manager job with visa sponsorship, you need to know what they do, the application form, and the type of visa required for the job. Moreover, there are different ways to search for visa sponsorship jobs and also you need to go for a reliable company and website.
In this post, we will be listing out some job websites for visa sponsors, companies, and the easy application process for the tax manager job.
What Does a Tax Manager Do?
For clients, individuals, or companies, a tax manager prepares and files taxes by tax regulations. To lower the likelihood of an audit, their main duties include managing tax planning and proper reporting. As consultants, they can visit customers’ homes in addition to their usual workplace.
However, tax managers might specialize in particular tax categories, such as business, property, or international taxes, to advance in their careers.
Duties of Tax Manager
Below are some of a tax manager’s typical duties so far:
- Supervise the compiling and submission of tax returns for organizations or individuals
- Ensure all possible deductions are applied so the client pays the minimum taxes
- Manage an accounting team
- Perform tax research and review
- Ensure tax compliance of all documents for mergers and acquisitions or internal public offerings (IPOs)
Tax Manager Salary In the United States
How much does the tax manager worker receive? The salary is based on your years of experience, location, and the company you are to work with. However, the average salary for a tax manager is $113,937 – $160,245 per year in the United States. While the hourly salary range is $48.86-$68.72. Aside from a high salary, you can also enjoy countless benefits in a comfortable environment when relocating.
Top companies for Tax Managers in United States
Lots of people might be confused about the right company to work with, and why others want high-paying companies with tax manager jobs. But that should not border you, as we have put together a job opportunity in this field and a link to apply below:
|Company name||Per hour||Per year||Website to apply|
|Beech Valley Solutions||$21.49-$96.71||http://www.beechvalley.com/|
|Taylor White Accounting and Finance||$16.95-$82.51||$49,752-$178,019||http://www.taylorwhite.com/|
|Haynie & Company||$15.00-$23.45||$42,042-$129,271||https://www.hayniecpas.com/|
Highest Paying Cities for Tax Managers Near United States
Let’s look into the best city with a high high-paying salary for a tax manager job with visa sponsorship. Lots of people don’t know where to start in making a decision when relocating, well we have listed below some cities with the salary range:
|City name||Per-hour salary range||Per year salary range|
|New York, NY||$59.91-$83.69||$139,715-$195,156|
|Los Angeles, CA||$57.98-$79.76||$135,209- $185,991|
|Irvine, CA||$56.24-$78.46||$131,160- $182,966|
|San Diego, CA||$54.39-$70.52||$126,846-$164,446|
|Dallas, TX||$48.93-$66.26||$114,106- $154,506|
|Chicago, IL||$45.37- $63.45||$105,796-$147,963|
|St. Louis, MO||$45.02-$62.89||$104,998-$146,654|
High Paying Tax Manager Job in the United States
For tax staff accountant, their duty includes tax payment, preparing tax returns, researching tax laws, leading audits, and more. However, there are lots of benefits attached to this job and some of them include working from home, dental insurance, paid time off, etc.
Furthermore, the salary range is between $67,731-$90,508 per year while the hourly range is $29.02 to $38.78 in the United States.
- $103,700-$157,497 per year
- $44.53- $67.63 hourly
Working on client tax tasks, such as tax planning, tax compliance, and preparing corporate and individual tax returns, is the responsibility of a tax senior. Tax Senior’s responsibilities include both compliance and advisory duties
- Salary range: $73,391- $108,812
- $24.27- $35.99 per hour
A tax accountant is a financial expert who assists taxpayers and business executives with tax filing. They must remain up to date on legal and tax matters and develop plans that ensure their clients’ financial security. Tax accountants use their extensive accounting abilities and legal knowledge to find ways to save a business or individual money on payments.
- $71,025- $138,867 per year
- $19.91- $38.92 hourly
Associates in tax preparation create tax returns for individuals, corporations, and partnerships. They guarantee that all tax-related filings adhere to local, state, and federal tax laws. Tax associates give clients advice on tax-related matters and offer practical solutions that adhere to the law.
Certified Public Accountant Job:
- $95,741- $150,573 per hour
- $41.02- $64.51 hourly
However, their duty includes financial report creation, tax document preparation and filing, and financial advice to clients.
The Most common benefits for Tax Managers
Just as they offer a high salary, the same goes for the benefits. There are lots of benefits to enjoy and some of them include:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Requirements For a Tax Manager Job with Visa Sponsorship
A Tax Manager is responsible for overseeing an organization’s tax-related activities and ensuring compliance with tax laws. Here are some key requirements for this role, stated briefly:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field. A CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or similar certification is often preferred.
- Experience: Several years of experience in tax planning, preparation, and compliance. Supervisory experience may be required for managerial roles.
- Tax Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of tax regulations and laws, including federal, state, and local taxes.
- Compliance: Ability to ensure the organization complies with tax regulations and deadlines.
- Strategic Planning: Skill in tax planning to minimize the organization’s tax liability while remaining compliant.
- Team Management: Ability to lead and manage a team of tax professionals.
- Communication: Strong communication skills to work with internal stakeholders, external advisors, and government agencies.
- Analytical Skills: Proficiency in data analysis and problem-solving to address tax-related issues.
Job Websites for Visa Sponsors
How to apply
To apply for a tax manager job with visa sponsorship, follow the steps below:
- Update your resume and tailor it to highlight your relevant skills and experience as a Tax Manager.
- Search for job listings on job websites like LinkedIn, Glassdoor, or Indeed.
- Review job postings that explicitly mention visa sponsorship for international candidates.
- Submit your application through the job posting or the company’s career website.
- Prepare for interviews and be ready to discuss your qualifications, visa status, and willingness to work in the specified location.
- Follow up with the employer after applying to express your interest and inquire about the status of your application.
Type of Visa Required for Application in USA
- H-1B Visa: For specialty occupation professionals, including those in managerial roles.
- L-1 Visa: For intracompany transferees, if you’re being transferred within a multinational company.
- E-2 Visa: If you plan to invest a substantial amount in a U.S. business and manage its tax-related operations.
- O-1 Visa: If you possess extraordinary ability or achievement in the field of tax management.
- TN Visa: If you are a Canadian or Mexican citizen and qualify under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) as a Management Consultant.
What Skills Do You Need To Be A Tax Manager?
Some of the skills you need to be an effective tax manager include analytical skills, communication skills, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
Is Tax Manager an In-Demand Job?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that between 2018 and 2028, there will be a 2% decline in the need for tax examiners and collectors. On the other hand, over the same time frame, there should be a 16% growth in demand for financial managers.
What Is The Difference Between An Accountant And A Tax Manager?
While both tax managers and accountants are authorized to prepare and file income tax returns, tax managers have greater expertise in tax compliance and coding and can offer longer-term support. A tax manager oversees a group of accountants as well.