If you want to enjoy a fast and reliable internet network, you should get and Setup NETGEAR Router. There are two easy methods with which you can set this router up and this can be done in a few minutes.
In this article, you are going to get a detailed guide on how to set the NETGEAR router up. So, you should keep on reading.
Setup NETGEAR Router
You may be wondering “What is a router?” a router is a device that allows multiple users to share an internet connection. There are different types of routers of which the NETGEAR router is included.
With the Nighthawk app, you would find it easy to set up your NETGEAR router. Alternatively, you can set it up using the router’s web interface. To learn more about this, you should keep on reading.
With the NETGEAR Nighthawk app, you can set up your NETGEAR router. Other features you get to enjoy on this app include the ability to run speed tests, view devices connected to your home network, and also manage your home Wi-Fi settings.
In simple terms, you can access and control your home Wi-Fi on the go with the NETGEAR Nighthawk app. To learn how to download this app on your Android or iOS device, you should keep on reading.
How to Download the Nighthawk App on Apple Devices
The Nighthawk app is available on the Apple App Store. To download this app on your iPhone or iPad, follow the steps below:
- Switch on your apple device.
- Connect the device over a Wi-Fi to a high-speed internet network.
- Tap on the “App Store” icon on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the search icon on your display screen.
- Enter “NETGEAR App” into the search field.
- When the app appears on your screen, click on the “Install” button.
After this, the process of installation would begin. After a few seconds, the NETGEAR Nighthawk app would be downloaded on your Apple device and you can now set up the router.
How to Download the Nighthawk app on Android Devices
This app is also available for download on Android smartphones and tabs. For android users, the guide below would help you download the NETGEAR Nighthawk app on your device.
- Ensure your Android device is connected to the internet.
- Locate the “Google play store” icon on your device and tap on it.
- Use the virtual keyboard on your device to enter the “Nighthawk app” into the search bar.
- Tap on “install” when the app pops up on your screen.
Automatically, the Nighthawk app would be downloaded on your android device. You can now launch it on your device to get started.
How to Setup NETGEAR Router with Nighthawk
Having downloaded the NETGEAR app on your mobile device, you can proceed to set up your router with the app. To do this, follow the guide below:
- Locate any provided antenna and connect it to your NETGEAR router.
- Plug your modem into the internet port on the router.
- Switch on the router.
- At the back of your NETGEAR router, locate the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and network key (this is the password).
- Connect another device to the Wi-fi network of your router (with the Wi-Fi network name on the label).
- Enter the “Password” in the required field.
- Open the NETGEAR Nighthawk app on your device.
- Fill in your “Email” and “Password” to log in to the app.
- Input the NETGEAR router login credentials (“Network name” and “Password”) in the required fields.
- Choose the “Login” button.
After this, some instructions would be displayed on your screen. Follow these instructions and with this, you would be able to set the router up.
How to Setup NETGEAR Router with the Router Web Interface
Alternatively, you can choose to use this method if you don’t want to install the Nighthawk app on your device. Follow the steps below to NETGEAR Router with the Router Web Interface:
- Locate the yellow internet port at the back of your router.
- Connect your modem to this port with the aid of an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your device into one of the ethernet ports on your NETGEAR router.
- Power on the router and allow the lights to come on.
- Open the web browser on your internet-connected device.
- Type routerlogin.net in the search field and click on the search icon.
- Click on the profile icon at the top of your screen.
- Choose “Sign In”.
- Fill in your NETGEAR “Username” and “Password” in the required field.
- Select “Login”.
- Fill in your “Nighthawk router admin password” (this can be found on the label on the router).
Having done this, follow the rest instructions on your screen and the setup would be completed.