Rise is a program that identifies talented young individuals and offers them a chance to make a difference in the world. This program is open to individuals aged 15-17 and promotes a lifelong dedication to serving others. It provides various forms of support, such as need-based scholarships, mentorship, networking opportunities, access to career development programs, and the potential for additional funding.
Rise Global Winners who are working towards addressing urgent global issues have the opportunity to receive extra financial assistance. Rise is a flagship initiative of Schmidt Futures and the Rhodes Trust, and it serves as the central program of a $1 billion commitment by Eric and Wendy Schmidt to discover and nurture global talent.
Benefits of Rise Challenge 2024
Benefits offered to rise global winners may include the following:
- An all-expenses-paid residential summit, where winners will connect with other cohort members.
- A scholarship covering four years of post-secondary education, including tuition and a living stipend, based on financial need.
- The chance to apply for funding to experiment with innovative ideas tackling local or global problems. The scope of funds may range from seed money for social enterprises to grants for nonprofits. These opportunities will be competitive among both winners and finalists.
- Access to a network of fellow Global Winners, community members, and partner organizations. There will also be career development programs primarily delivered through technology, using a matching platform.
- Provision of a technology package such as a laptop or tablet, to be determined and distributed before or during the first semester/term of post-secondary education.
- Additional benefits and services may vary each year depending on new opportunities, needs, and funding. They may include scholarships for graduate degrees, access to partner opportunities (like a database connecting community members to other scholarship programs), and virtual or in-person convening for network members to collaborate on common interests, such as artificial intelligence (AI).
- To be considered for the 2024 cohort, applicants must have ages ranging from 15 to 17 by July 1, 2024. This means they must be born between July 2, 2006, and July 1, 2009.
- The Rhodes Trust is an organization based at the University of Oxford. It aims to gather and cultivate outstanding individuals from diverse backgrounds and disciplines who are dissatisfied with the status quo and possess the bravery to take action.
The Rise Global Winners come from various countries and display excellence in different areas of expertise. Some may excel in STEM subjects, while others may showcase exceptional artistic talent or a gift for community service and organizing.
Every Rise Global Winner embodies the five Rise Traits, which include:
How to Apply For Rise Challenge 2024
The Rise application is a step-by-step procedure that allows you to provide more information about yourself. Applicants have the chance to demonstrate their abilities through videos, projects, and group interviews as part of the Rise application. Additionally, they provide alternative options such as web browsers and paper applications for individuals who don’t have access to technology.
To apply for this opportunity Click here to begin your application
Visit the Official website for more information.
January 17, 2024.