Are you in the block for podcasts for 2021 to listen to? Well, look no further as this will definitely give you the best podcasts to listen to this year. Remember back in the olden days, when you had to have a flip cell phone and an iPod? Well, back then when I first heard about podcasts, I’ll admit, I was a little skeptical about the idea. I just didn’t think it would catch on.
Boy, I was so wrong as right now Podcasts have soared in popularity over the past few years. Across the globe, 36% of people have listened to a podcast within the last month. In the U.S., 22% of people over age 12 listen to a podcast weekly.
Podcasts For 2021
To get the podcasts for 2021 is quite easy especially with the growing rate of technology where you could search anything on the net and get 10 times and more of what you are looking for. There are many reasons that podcasting has become such a powerful medium.
There’s the fact that the use of smartphones has increasingly become the norm. Since 2012, the number of smartphone users worldwide has grown from 1.2 billion to 3.8 billion. Podcasting is a perfect medium for smartphone users, especially commuters who can tune in during their drive to work or while riding public transit.
Best 5 Podcasts to Listen to 2021
Below are a few picks of the best podcasts you will enjoy listening to this 2021;
- You’re Dead to Me; History can be dry and boring, but host Greg Jenner injects a healthy dose of humor here and invites interesting panels of guests to talk about famous figures and periods from history. He invites commentary from a mix of expert historians and comedians, all encouraged by Jenner’s upbeat style. Covering topics like the witch craze, Blackbeard the pirate, and warrior queen Boudicca, this podcast is informative and funny, and it’s suitable for the whole family, too.
- Stuff You Should Know; Stuff You Should know is perhaps the most self-explanatory title for a podcast ever. The show features Josh Clark and Chuck Bryant discussing topics and trying to get to the core of the information you need to know about them. Episodes have covered subjects as broad as satanism, heroin, narcolepsy, stuttering and even ketchup. Essentially, this is the perfect show to listen to if you are looking for great new dinner party material.
- The Laverne Cox Show; if you want to become a better person? Expand your mind? Listen to the hypnotic voice of Laverne Cox? You can accomplish all three of those things in one place: The Laverne Cox Show. The new podcast from Shondaland and iHeartMedia lets Cox take the reins, allowing her to facilitate conversations around topics ranging from fatphobia to dating in mid-life.
- You Must Remember this; Former film critic Karina Longworth puts an amazing amount of research into each episode, which in the past have covered the largely untold stories about the likes of Charles Manson, Theda Bara, Frances Farmer, and Ronald Reagan. More recently, she covered the story of the controversial Disney movie Song of the South.
- Stolen: The Search for Jermain; In June 2018, 23-year-old mother of two Jermain Charlo went out for a night of drinks in downtown Missoula, Montana, and was never seen again. In Stolen, Cree journalist Connie Walker revisits the case and talks to those trying to find Charlo, telling her story through the lens of the larger epidemic of violence, kidnapping, and murder targeting Indigenous women in the U.S. and in Montana in particular.
These days, there are almost as many podcasts as there are people who can speak into a microphone, and they can make you laugh, make you furious or make you fall asleep (sometimes deliberately). You can get more of the best podcasts to listen to this 2021 here.