PMP which is short for project management profession is a recognized designation offered by the PMI, project management institute. This article with the title PMP Certification Cost In 2022, Will not only help you know how to get this certification but will give you a general overview of PMP. Let‘s get right into it.
Also Read: Nvidia Reports Plunge in Sales of GPU
PMP Certification Cost In 2022
If you are in the IT field, you must have thought about the PMP certification and how much it costs, and how and when to get it. The PMP certification education and experience.
As a good beginning, it will be right for us to get a very good foundational knowledge about this topic. Let‘s start with a very good definition of PMP.
What is PMP?
PMP which is a short form for Project Management Professional Certification is a well-recognized professional designation that is meant for project managers worldwide. This certification is given to the candidates by the Project Management institute.
With the help of PMP, you can show that you are experienced and you have all the educational skills and competency required to lead and execute projects. PMP is one of the most prestigious or gold standard certifications offered by the Project Management institute in the United States.
What Is The PMP Certification
PMP certification is the certification given by the project management institute to project managers. PMP is the most used project manager certification in the world today. The institute ‚, PMI has been providing value for about 3 million professionals on various continents. It has very high credentials, standards, and guides. Moreover, the PMP certification has become a mandatory requirement for many project management jobs in the world.
After you have obtained a PMP certification, professionals can now maintain it through a process known as the continuing certification requirements program (CCR).
Cost For PMP Certification
The cost of quality PMP varies from country to country from $300 to $5000. This does not include the Pmp Exam Fees for computer-based testing (CBT), which are about $405 and $505 for non-PMI members. In so many companies, the employees are offered opportunities to earn both professional certifications, and educational benefits.
The Cost Of A Pmp Certification Exam if you are retaking it is;
- $275 for PMI members
- $375 for non-PMI members.
If you want to become a PMI member at the time of your registration or application, you will have to pay the price of $555. This price will cover both the examination and membership fees.
We recommend you apply for the PMI membership option so that you can easily pay your Pmp Certification Course fee.
Please note that all these fees are subject to change. The prices may be higher or lower a few days from now.
Now that we know about these fees, let‘s take a look at the renewal fees.
What is the PMP Renewal Fees?
If you are not sure about the structure of the PMP re-examination fee? After the PMI confirms that people have to meet certain requirements, he/she will receive an electronic notification to apply for PMP fee renewal.
Immediately after a person receives the notification, PMI will ask them to submit the PMP certification renewal fee payment through the online certification system.
The PMI membership renewal fees are
- For a PMI member, it costs $60
- For a Non-PMI member, it will cost $150.
These are the Pmp Certification renewal cost in 2022.
PMP Certification Requirement
to get the PMP certification, you are required to have the following initial requirements before applying. The information below provides an overview of the various education levels that the PMI will accept and their required non-overlapping professional project management experience.
People With High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree, or Global Equivalent
The underlying project management experience needed here are;
- Such a person will have to go through a minimum of 60 months of unique, non-overlapping, and professional project management experience.
- The person will need 35 hours of formal project management education.
People With Bachelor’s Degrees (Four-year Degree) or Global Equivalent
Such a person will need the following underlying experience
- The person will need 36 months of formal project management experience.
- 35 hours of formal project management education.
Bachelor’s Degree Or Post-Graduate Degree From A GAC Accredited Program (Bachelor’s Degree Or Master’s Or Global Equivalent)
People falling under this category will need the following;
- Such a person will need a minimum of 24 months of unique non-overlapping professional project management experience
- 35hours of formal education in project management.
These are the major requirements needed to take the PMP certification examination.
How To Get PMP Certification
There are several steps to take here. If you already have the requirements listed above, follow the application steps below;
Register to Become a Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI)
The cost for this registration has been given in this article. Those willing to get the PMP certification must be ready to go through the registration process. To go through the registration process, follow the steps below;
How to Register for Pmp Certification Online
The step is very simple, all you have to do is to follow the steps below;
- First of all, go to the home page of the official PMI website, pmi.org
- You will be led straight to the login page. When you get to the login page, click on the button that says “register now“
- This action will lead you straight to a registration page. Fill up the boxes on this page with the required information. This information will include your First name, last name, primary email, company name, etc
- Make sure the form is complete with all the details requested.
- After this, click on “Create an account“
When you have done all these, you will be able to access your account anytime and anywhere with your login details. Now, you can continue with the application process.
Take the PMP Certification Training Course to Satisfy the 35 Hours of Educational Requirement
All the resources you will need for the course will be included to help you prepare for the examination. After completing the course, you will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate can be used to apply for the exam.
Submit your PMP Application Online
This step is also very easy, all you have to do is to visit the website, idp.pmi.org, login to your account, and submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed for or 5 business days. Once your application is successful or approved, you will receive an invitation to pay for the exam and get your date scheduled.
Schedule your Exam
You will be given just one year to take the exam after the approval of your application. This exam can take up to three times during the eligibility period.
Take and Pass the PMP Certification Examination
This exam will be based on what you learned in the course. It will contain about 180 questions in a one-time limit of 230 minutes, the questions on the exam will be broken down into three parts, process, people, and business environment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pmp Certification Cost In 2022
What is PMP Exam Fee in 2022?
The PMP Exam fee for members of the PMI is $555 but for nonmembers, it will cost $405. We advise that you become a PMI member before applying for the exam as it comes with a host of benefits.
Is PMP Certification Worth It?
If you have the goals to advance your project management career at a larger company or with high-budget/complex projects, then the PMP® Certification is worth it! Here are some benefits of having a PMP certification.
- It adds value to resume
- This certification confirms industry recognition
- It helps to validate skills and knowledge
- It increases income potential
- With it, you can expand your professional networking
- It can help to increase employment opportunities
- This certificate demonstrates that you had a focus on your profession.
These are the major benefits of having a PMP certification.
Why Choose a PMI Authorized Training Partner (ATP) for Your Training?
Having a PMI ATP is very necessary because it was authorized by PMI itself. It is the standard of the industry and it has all the op[tions to meet all your needs.
What is the Official PMP Exam Application Process?
To apply for the exam, follow the steps below;
- Create a PMI account with the steps given in this article.
- After that, log in to the PMI website.
- When you have done that, fill out an application form on the website and submit it along with the required documentation. Immediately after your application has been approved, you will be able to schedule your exam.
- After this, take the exam and make sure you pass well.
This is the major process for the PMP exam application.