Applications are open for the Oxbright Essay Competition 2024. Put your academic skills to the test with the OxBright Essay Competition. This competition is specifically designed for talented individuals between the ages of 15 and 18, aiming to push them beyond the standard school curriculum and encourage them to contemplate the future of their chosen subject.
At OxBright, they are deeply committed to equipping individuals with the tools they need to succeed, discover their purpose, and make a positive impact on the world. They firmly believe in the potential of young people and the countless opportunities that lie ahead.
Through the OxBright Essay Competition, participants have the opportunity to ponder the future, surpass the boundaries of the school syllabus, and explore their subject from a broader perspective.
The essay question for the 2024 edition is as follows: “How does collaboration in [your subject] facilitate social impact and innovation? Explore the significance of working together when addressing global challenges and striving for meaningful change.”
- Computer Science & Coding
- Writing & Journalism
- Academic prizes valued at over £100,000 Will be given.
- All individuals between the ages of 15 and 18 are invited to participate, regardless of whether they have previously enrolled in an OxBright program.
- It is required that each student submits just one essay for every Essay Competition.
- To qualify for any of the awarded free opportunities, such as online courses or internships, winning students must be aged 15 to 18 when the program begins.
Essays will be evaluated based on several factors, including:
- Fluency of the written English
- The extent to which the essay effectively addresses the given question
- The incorporation of evidence or examples to bolster the arguments
- The coherence of the content
- The creativity and originality of the ideas presented
- The alignment with the OxBright Worldview
How To Apply For The Competition
The essay is comprised of three components:
- Essay title: The title can be a maximum of 100 characters, including spaces.
- Essay: The main body of the essay should not exceed 3,800 characters, including spaces. This is approximately 500 words. It encompasses all aspects of the essay, including the main text and in-text citations. In-text citations are brief notes inserted within the essay to indicate the source of information used. For instance, if a quote is taken from a book by John Smith, it should be followed by (Smith, 2010, p. 50). These citations are included in the overall word count, so it is important to include them.
- References: There is no word limit for references, so you are free to include as many as necessary. These references are crucial for acknowledging the sources of your information. Please ensure that you utilize the Harvard Referencing Style when listing your references. Including references will not be considered as part of the essay character limit, so please provide a comprehensive list of all the sources used.
- To begin your application, Click here.
For more details on the competition, please visit the Oxbright Essay Competition official website.
March 31, 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT: