North Bennet Street School (NBSS) offers a stimulating and supportive learning environment for students who share the same belief and zeal for craftsmanship. The school is acknowledged as a master of their craft, and they make sure to instill this in their student’s sense of care in their work and commitment.
Continuing Education classes are both designed for amateurs interested in learning a new skill and for professionals who seek to strengthen their technical understanding. Small class sizes and fully equipped facilities make NBSS a great learning environment for students of all abilities.
Their main aim is to train students for careers in traditional trades that use hand skills in concert with evolving technology to preserve and advance craft traditions and to promote a greater appreciation of craftsmanship.
North Bennet Street School
North Bennet Street School trains and equips its students to produce the highest quality work and are steadfast to excellence in their craft. North Bennet Street School is located in Boston, MA, but also offers classes online.
This school offers training in about 11 qualifications, with the most reviewed qualifications being Cabinet and Furniture Making, Carpentry Certification, and Carpentry Degree.
The most commonly reported benefits of attending North Bennet Street School are the “Good teachers” and the “Positive environment”, but respondents also mentioned “Good career preparation” and “Hands-on training” as notable benefits.
Programs Offered at North Bennet Street School
At the School’s core are nine Full-Time, professional programs, each of which offers intensive, hands-on training:
- Cabinet and Furniture Making
- Jewelry Making and Repair
- Locksmithing and Security Technology
- Piano Technology(Basic and Advanced)
- Preservation Carpentry
- Violin Making and Repair
These programs are designed with a focus on useful projects that increase in density as you move forward. This method inspires you to steadily improve your hand skills and understanding of tools, materials, and processes.
How to Apply to North Bennet Street School
To apply for the school, you will need to fill an online form which you fill accordingly. The sample of how to fill it is below;
- Firstly select your program
- Enter your name, your first name, and then your last name (previous last name if applicable)
- Fill in your gender
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Indicate if you have served in the army before
- Indicate if you have applied to the school before
- Fill in your country name
- Street address
- State/ Region
- Enter your email address
- Your phone number
- Your high school name
- Your educational level
You can get more details on the form here
Ways to submit materials:
- Upload links on this form
- Upload links will also be sent in the application confirmation email, including a shareable link to the online form for your recommendation providers to use
- Email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send postal mail to: NBSS Admissions, 150 North Street, Boston, MA 02109
- Hand delivers to NBSS Admissions office or the front desk.
You can get more details on the
Please take note that your transcripts must be sent from the institution or their service to email@example.com or mailed if hardcopy.
Below are the application requirements for NBSS;
- Step Complete the NBSS Application
- Step Provide Transcripts
- Step 3. Request Letters of Recommendation
- Step 4. Complete Your Statement of Purpose
- Step 5. Send Your Basic Resume
- Step 6. Schedule a Visit to NBSS
- Step 7. Complete Program-Specific Requirements